"Sticky" Inputs

Hi!

I’ve been experiencing this issue since the release of 2.0, but some weapons suffer from what I would call “sticky inputs,” where the input is either eaten, incorrect, or not read at all.

Some of the weapons/attack patterns I’ve noticed this on include:

• Sword & Dagger: H1 > L2 (L2 follow up goes missing, so it pauses and throws out a different light attack)
  • Kruber Spear: Push attack (doesn’t finish)
  • Rapier: Push attack (doesn’t finish)
  • Crowbill: Push attack (doesn’t finish)
  • Dual Daggers: Light spam (some light attacks go missing and/or sometimes a light attack randomly gets thrown out with not me pressing anything, but rarely)

It’s usually tied to frame rate drops, but not always.

I’m on a Logitech G502 that only has about 7 months of solid use, if that means anything.

This is likely not a game issue.
It’s probably a mouse issue. I have a G502 Lightspeed, wireless but still similar. I started having interrupted behaviour just weeks after buying it, turns out they’re using cheap trash switches to save some cents on a super expensive mouse.
I went on to test it on a separate program, the mouse presses (in my case mostly holding the right button) were sometimes randomly repeated/interrupted, which obviously screws up your inputs in the game.

If you have some other mouse lying around that has no known issues, try it. It probably won’t happen like with the G502.

1 Like

I have a G502 Lightspeed, wireless but still similar. I started having interrupted behaviour just weeks after buying it, turns out they’re using cheap trash switches to save some cents on a super expensive mouse.

Oh that’s unfortunate, I was looking into upgrading to that since I love my G502. I’ll hunt around for a different mouse and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

I’ve got an G502 Proteus Spectrum and prior and G502 Proteus Core.
Never had any issues with that.

Can also be the wireless fuction, I guess?
I’ve never had such troubles with a trusty USB or PS2 Cable mouse.

Had a ton of problems with wireless mice.
Everything I can buy with a cable instead of wireless, I buy with cable.

Yeah I have the G502 Proteus Spectrum, so it’s wired in.

I don’t believe we’ve encountered this internally, but we’ll watch out for it. I would also be inclined to believe this is related to your input device. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.