Mouse Input Intermittent Stutter/Freeze

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Mouse input intermittently freezes. If I moved the mouse, say to swing my axe at a scab, nothing would happen for about a second and then all the input would happen at once and I am turned around. Stuttering happens approx. every 3-5 seconds, higher frequency when in a mob. Currently unplayable as a result.

Steps to Reproduce:
I tried 3 games, the problem was consistent with all matches. I reset my PC and tried to update all drivers (latest versions were installed). I tried another game. Problem still there. This bug was not here yesterday, and has only appeared tonight from the first game I played.

Map Name (If Applicable):
Any

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Necronom [Steam Community :: Necronom]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/29/2022, 09:30PM GMT+8

Reproduction Rate:
Bug happens often (<75%) during play, and is constantly reproducable in every game (100%).

Upload Supporting Evidence:
N/A

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\darktide_launcher.log
  4. Upload here
    darktide_launcher.log (707.3 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here
    user_settings.config (3.1 KB)
2 Likes

This is in our database. Thank you!

I had almost the exact same issue but a little more. Iā€™ll paraphrase what I posted in the #general chat of the official Darktide Discord:

ā€œSo after doing some testing and messing around with my settings. Those mouse hanging issues are not super consistent?
In the Hub, my mouse inputs hang or ā€œfreezeā€ every couple seconds.
In an actual mission, my mouse and keyboard inputs both hang even more frequently. (Once an input freeze would happen, all inputs would hang at the same time, keyboard movement would keep going but camera would not move with mouse movement.)
But in the Psykanium, everything works completely fine. No input hanging whatsoever.ā€

Maybe this has to do with the 3rd person perspective in the Hub? But itā€™s really odd that there are no issues whatsoever in the Psykanium.

If someone from the Fatshark team would like me to post my log files. I would be more than happy to as well!

2 Likes

Forgot to say that this happened after the launch patch. but had no problems with this in the Pre-Order Beta.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t have issues with this during beta but upon launching the game today the mouse stuttering and intermittent freezing will happen in the setting screen every 3 seconds or so. Movement around the Mourningstar is impacted by this as well. Based on the frequency and impact this would make playing an actual mission a terrible experience / unplayable.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue right now. It only started after the launch patch, It freezes up every few seconds, and still happens even if I alt-tab out of darktide. Iā€™m pretty sure it gets worse if I increase my graphics settings.

Adding to it, It doesnā€™t happen when talking to a vendor, only when my character is being rendered.

Final update. it looks like the inputs are being saved because they all go off at once when the freeze stops. the keyboard is never affected, and neither is playing with a controller. itā€™s strictly a mouse thing.

ok, I lied. so oddly it doesnā€™t have issues when I am in the operative page, but it does when Iā€™m picking a character to play with.

I have the same problem, I spent hours trying to make sure it wasnā€™t my device, now Iā€™m sure itā€™s a bug in the game. Please fix it ASAP, currently I canā€™t play the game at all