Stealth Disruption: Barrel and Grenade Detonation Bug

Description:
I’ve encountered a bug where if a player throws a grenade and then activates stealth before the grenade detonates, the stealth effect is prematurely terminated. This also occurs after striking a barrel and then cloaking, when the barrel detonates, it causes the stealth effect to dissipate.

I believe this behavior is unintended for two reasons:

1. Typically, stealth is broken if the player attacks while in stealth mode. However, in this case, the barrel detonation seems to be treated as an attack by the player, which is unusual and likely unintended. As with the barrel detonation scenario, the detonation of the grenade should not be considered an attack by the player, thus should not break stealth upon activation of cloak beforehand.

2. Prior to cloaking, I attacked the barrel before activating stealth. Therefore, the detonation of the barrel and subsequent decloaking shouldn’t be occurring under normal circumstances. Similar situation to the grenade, as it was thrown by the player before activating stealth. Therefore, the subsequent detonation and resulting loss of stealth are unexpected.

Steps to Reproduce:

• Strike a barrel or throw grenade.
  • Activate stealth/cloak.
  • Observe the detonation harming heretics.
  • Notice that stealth is broken upon detonation.

Expected Behavior:
Stealth should remain intact after throwing a grenade and activating cloak, as the detonation of the grenade should not be attributed to the player’s actions to disrupt stealth.

Stealth should be maintained after striking a barrel and activating cloak, as the detonation of the barrel should not count as an attack by the player.

Note to developers:
This issue undermines the effectiveness of stealth strategies and adversely affects gameplay experience. I urge the development team to address this bug promptly in forthcoming updates.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.