Spoils of War not dropping weapon/jewelry parts

I played during the beta starting with phase II back in February. I remember opening up my spoils of war and received salvaged weapon and jewelry parts.

Since then, I haven’t received any from them and I just assumed they were taken out.

But… I noticed while I was in my crafting window, that it says that you can get salvaged weapon and jewelry parts out of the spoils of war chests.

I’ve been salvaging EVERYTHING and seem to only have a few hundred parts. I kind of miss the fact that we could get them out of the boxes. I’ve been doing speedruns on Recruit while skipping all books because it appears that I can only get these parts from white weapons.

Just let me know if there is still a possibility to get them from spoils of war chests or if there’s a better way to get more parts. I craft weapon/jewelry items quite a bit to test out new weapons, traits, and properties. I don’t want to end up running out.

I know it seems like I have a lot of crafting materials in my screenshots but trust me, a week ago, I basically had none as I was crafting a whole ton of weapons and rerolling traits like there was no tomorrow. Had to do a lot of farming on Veteran to get that green/blue dust back up and on Recruit to get my weapon/jewelry parts.

Hmmmm, that’s strange. I’ve been doing nothing but legend games, and the occasional champion to help gear up my friends who haven’t played much. I’ve still been getting those parts, and I’ve been crafting a lot lately just to salvage stuff for more dust.

fdfsdfsd

I was at 500 weapon parts last week.

Lemme go do a quick deed and melt down the stuff. See if I get any parts.

Just melted down a few chests, you do indeed get weapon and jewelry parts.

asasa

This was with green and blue items, no white ones mixed it.

You missed OP is talking about getting parts directly from the chests, not from salvaging.

@OP: playing the game you’ll find there will be plenty of materials to use when you start to have a decent number of weapons.

Wait wut? I’ve played since the closed beta, I never remember parts being in chests? And if they actually did, thank god they removed that. And he did mention salvaging and only doing recruit runs with no books to get parts from white items. I was showing that you can indeed get them from blues and green items.

Yes, salvaged weapon and jewelry parts USED to come from the spoils of war chests during the beta. I had acquired quite a many but unfortunately, progress was wiped.

No, I have not gotten ANY salvaged weapon/jewelry parts from deconstructing anything but white weapons.

That’s why I only have a few hundred while I have almost a thousand of green and blue dust.

Please learn to read.

You don’t always get parts from salvaging.
Anyway you should definitely get something from blue and green items.
If it’s not happening then it’s a bug you should report.

I suggest to check after a lot more of salvaging. You seem to have parts a plenty for crafting anyway.
The most important components are scraps.

1 Like

Why are you so rude in all your responses lol? I read your post just fine and responded to it. I even included a picture showing that you can indeed get weapon and jewelry parts from salvaging blues & greens. You just don’t get these parts that often, and to be fair, you don’t need as many. It only cost 1 jewelry or weapon part to craft a new weapon/accessory. With what you have in the Screen Shot you provided, you can craft over 300 weapons and accessories.

1 Like

In the end game nobody crafts any more. Keep playing, you won’t need that stuff after a while. Weapon parts, jewellery parts and scrap lose any meaning and cease to exist. Quality game design by fat shark.

1 Like

I am still getting them from salvaging items…and not just white items.
They have not dropped from chests for a long time if in fact they ever did.
I cannot recall them ever dropping from chests like @SmokerT69 said.
I have only ever received them from salvaging gear.

1 Like

Yea, I’m nearly positive they never came in chests. And if they did, in the beta, it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. Because your crafting materials and dust didn’t stay with your character anyway. They reset every time you salvaged a new piece of gear. So you had to wait until you had 9 pieces of equipment to salvage and hope you got enough materials to reroll or upgrade the item.

I just tested this again, and I can confirm with 100% surety that green-blue-orange items give crafting materials.

That’s 2 different salvages just now

1 Like

It’s an old tool tip, in the earlier beta stages you could get crafting parts from chests. After receiving feedback on it feeling bad to open a chests and just getting parts, it was changed so chests no longer give crafting materials, however he tool tip never got updated to reflect this.

4 Likes

Interesting!

It’s an old tool tip, in the earlier beta stages you could get crafting parts from chests. After receiving feedback on it feeling bad to open a chests and just getting parts, it was changed so chests no longer give crafting materials, however he tool tip never got updated to reflect this.

Quoting for truth.

3 Likes

@Fatshark_Hedge Well, darn… I guess I am the only person who crafts weapons/jewelry then :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.