Just got off a match, definitely not impressed or thrilled with this new event. At least with other events like Cartel’s Favours you have a chance to experience some modifier you otherwise couldn’t without subjecting yourself to Havoc, this is just Elite Spam: The Video Game - Especially when it’s paired with High Intensity which seems ironic given how the event boasts fewer but stronger enemies.
It’s almost just as well that this doesn’t offer Aquilas, just means I have no reason to grind something that’s just not fun.
Glad to have another event to kill time with, but if you really want us to appreciate it, there is one very simple thing that you can that does not involve aquilas.
Remove the private party requirements on the old pennances.
It was a neccessary step in the early days of the game when there were lot of new players and balance issues to fix, but with all the updates, I think that issue no longer exists. Plus this event is practically tailor made for these pennances, and it is a far easier thing to do than adding solo mode that everyone is waiting on.
I just tested Indomitable Incursion out and… I love it. I love it a lot. Please keep this Modifier in Darktide, Fatshark.
It gives me back the feeling of ACTUAL skill expression that I’ve missed so much. I could count on ONE HAND the number of times within each individual Mission where I felt that I was being excessively overwhelmed by Enemies, and even then, all but one of those times thus far has ended in me triumphing over them by simply having enough skill to pull that off. Having the ability to clutch without the AI Director spawning in enough Enemies to effectively disable my WASD Keys feels great.
Darktide’s difficulty with this Modifier feels significantly less cheap, at least in my opinion.
I never understood the desire for Aquilas worth of a takeaway coffee that anyone can just buy.
I prefer any kind of unique reward that you can only get by beating the challenge in question.
So do you just never play if there are no free aquilas lol I don’t get this sentiment I get it’s nice when there there but it’s not as if your not playing the game anyways so just seems overly dramatic
This event kind of hammers into place how far behind the power curve zealot has fallen if you don’t just run meta stuff.
Like, yeah I can roll up with Relic Blade or Dueling Sword and post big numbers but if I want to run combat axe, devil claw, or even tac-axe (which imo is the best ‘powerful but balanced’ weapon in the game rn) it’s pretty obvious where the deficiencies are.
It also hammers (see what I did there?) in how unnecessary the self-stun on Thunder Hammer special hits are; yeah I can delete one (1) armored goon at a time but when there’s 14 of them in one place I might as well just yank my pants down and wait for a railing.
This is what I’ve been telling y’all for ages! There are too many Enemies right now outside of this Modifier because we’re powerful enough to invalidate so many of them.
Like, I’d LOVE to fight the hordes of Groaners and Poxwalkers that we do outside of this Modifier if they were a genuine threat and were thus capable of being the main source of engagement for specific periods of Missions.
Look man, I absolutely get you at this point, but I personally don’t think you can solve this by simply nerfing dots. They need to optimize the effects better. While I agree that player power plays a role here, the bigger problem is clearly the lack of optimization and how they insist on adding taxing stuff like Rotten Armor enemies having a stinky aura while also exploding with pox gas on death. If they just let us turn on a some kind of minimal mode for effects, like enemies having a slightly green, blue or orange outline, depending on the dot effect, the game would already work better, even if it would look worse.
Yeah, maybe I’m just old. I prefer rewards that show that I’ve beaten a certain challenge, just like athletes get medals instead of just packets of money.
I’m just puzzled about the fuss that some people are making about this. I play games for fun, not as a job. But even in the latter regard, the usual 500 Aq. are nowhere near a worthwhile reward for the many hours needed to finish any of the events. Any real side job would earn them a multiple of that in a fraction of the time.
To each their own, but the passion and rage that some people feel about a handful of virtual bucks for many hours of work in a video game are just beyond my own understanding of adequacy.
I called you kindred cuz I’m lock step on that. I’d rather support games a la DRG or expansion packs than MTX all day every day, but that ship has sailed, mostly.
I just meant that MTX has often moved the better cosmetics behind paywalls vs player achievements in the modern gaming space. So I understand why people want that incentive, even if not getting aquilas won’t stop me from playing.
We also know that giving a taste gets you hooked or can lead to people buying the difference. I know it would for me. But that’s a Shark behind the scenes data issue.
I’m totally with you that I’d prefer better rewards than frames and insignia. I wouldn’t go so far to expect a full set, but the occasional headpiece, weapon skin or trinket would be nice.
The main difference between us is just that I’d always take a frame or insignia over mere mammon.
I understand your point of view, but this game is not the most generous one in the world, barely any free cosmetics while hundreds of premium ones. I buy at least a couple premium sets every 3 months or so, but if you play the game long enough you have to admit these events are mostly very low effort number changes and very greedy in terms of rewards.
The game had like 5 good events in 3 years. Heretical pillars which spawned bosses where you collected skulls as well, rations event that changed daily depending on player actions, Inferno for adding a whole new modifier and maybe something else. Even if events were bad, some aquilas (maybe even 200, not 500) would sweeten them up for most players.
All the events that either spam one enemy type or have one singular gimmick are getting old after a few games.
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but when I think events I remember Halloween events from Team Fortress 2 which added new maps, bosses and lots of themed cosmetics, or games like Killing Floor which had unique thematical skins that changed how every single enemy looked. While I don’t say we need something identical to these games, the difference in effort is just plain as day.