Special Live Event: Nurgle’s Might Live Now

Maybe the solo mode was the broken backfill we made along the way
(still broken btw and has been since battle for tertium)

I wonder if you could solo this event by using Perilous Combustion and occasionally pressing the attack button

chaff mobs still spawn, specially in scripted events, but outside of it too. The descritption here:

It’s misleading, (like say, I want to play thunder hammer thinking there will be no hordes). I propose rephrasing that to something like “Mostly elites and specialists!” (monstrosities didn’t appear more often either like implied). @FatsharkQuickpaw

Just played the Arena with modifier on Auric, which seemed like a pretty neat modifier and felt good until…the arena. Where it spawned just as many enemies as before but every enemy was either a scab rager or a scab mauler. So a literal sea of armour.

TBF it forced the team out of the bottleneck but we lost the mission because it was impossible to revive anyone from the sheer immense number of armoured enemies running at each player.

So be warned - my hunch is that stand-your-ground type mission scripts possibly don’t do “fewer” enemies and simply turn all enemies into something hardcore.

Really shows the weakness of Ogryn against armour again. Can’t even 1 shot a rager or mauler with a fully charged heavy of a Branx. Like, wut. That is absolute max damage output and can’t even kill a single scab rager with full stacks.

I want Dreg Only modifier, similar to how this event works, for the base mission board.

Dude,I’m at work still (OMW home), but my character would cream his pants (I would too) after throwing in a Tox Grenade into that cluster of armor and let my Dual Stub’s roar on 'em.

It sounds like that snooze fest Elite Resistance modifier from a while back

nah elite resistance didn’t touch any mob compositions, they cranked HP and damage. I think they actually spawned a lot less enemies during that event too because they were ‘tougher’. this is more like vanguard from VT2.

spawns 30 ragers on top of 20 shotgunners…

checks out.

dont you dare fix that though, having a havoc blast outside the rainbow shenanigans since ages is a GOOD thing

power maul and taunt went hard, but as you said, arena was full to the brim.

This is the first event that disappointed – in the state of the game. I played it five times (auric), and it was easier than the regular mission (arbiter with a wide shotgun and ogryn with a machine gun). I feel the health boost, but it only allows them to survive for a few of seconds longer, since players have so many mass/area damage that all these elite enemies are simply wiped out in the tight packs they spawn in. I also ignored the groups with inferno psykers (of which there are painfully too many), but I suspect it’s even more boring there.
What I realized is that hordes of regular enemies are very important; it’s their small, insignificant hits that drain health throughout the mission. An excess of elites only force all players’ skills related to kills to constantly work at a high rate, making everything even easier

Meh, another mediocre modifier where teammates go down 8 times a mission because they bite off more than they can chew or because they ignore reapers

learn to read please

Pretty fun.

I like this modifier because the game works more stable, but of course I miss large hordes. I like to fight hordes the most, but looks like hordes and hordes getting a lot of visual effects (dots, blood) is what actually puts a strain on the game engine.

Perilous Combustion made me not really enjoy my one round of this earlier, I’m sure I might run into a game with no psykers at some point but its kinda nothingburger. 17m on excise vault, I killed 2 DHs with gunlugger for something to kill that wasn’t susceptible to soulblaze shenanigans. That’s a lot faster than my normal auric runs. But I’m blaming the perilous because it got super nutty auto deleting any pile ups when my ult was on cooldown.

I only played one Event Auric High Intensity match. It felt about twice as easy as a regular Auric High Intensity mission

This event doesn’t stand a chance against this:

Absolute carnage

Haha, classic ogrynheimer build! Would you change anything in the tree if you were to use a Rumbler instead?

No it would stay the same and work just as well if not better with rumbler I just really like the grenade gauntlet.

ANOTHER one of these shïtty, low effort “events”?

This isn’t compelling. These events are impositions, not exciting. Would it kill you to put in a bit of effort?

Yes. Fatshark hates doing actual work.