Spear First Light Attack Impact Unaligned with Animation (Video)

Issue Summary:
I’m not sure if this should be in “Bug” or “Feedback” category, b/c I’m not sure if it’s intended or not, so I’m sticking it under “Bug” and I’m going to give feedback. Patch 1.3.

Video: The spear’s first light attack’s impact hits significantly lower than where the animation shows it should hit. When doing first and second light attacks while aiming at the head of a dummy, the first will hit the chest, the second will hit the head (but they appear they should both hit the head). If I aim HIGHER than the head, the first light attack will hit the head and the second light attack will MISS. These two attacks are pinpoint accuracy hits, so this is not good.

This is an issue because this leads to a lot of first light attacks aimed at the head that won’t do head damage, which is an issue on Legend runs.

Feedback: Simply raise the point of impact of the first light attack to match the animation.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use first light attack with spear
  2. Take note of where point of impact is.
  3. Compare to second light attack.

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):
Constant (100%)

Additional Information:

2 Likes

I’ve wanted to make a post about this but wasn’t sure if the reason was valid enough, dd heavy 2 has the same issue as well as rapier heavy 3 I believe. Sometimes the dummy will wobble back and cause the attack to hit the body instead so they aren’t super reliable for testing hitboxes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu