Spawns in veteran

Out of curiosity: how many specials do you have in total at the end screen in such runs? I reckon 40-60 is normal for average legend runs, depending on map. Triple that for deeds with increased spawns. If you get same or even more in veteran, there most likely is an issue to be addressed.

I play legend exclusively. Before the patch that’s what I’d average as well. I don’t have any footage from after the patch but basically for less than half a level we’d be getting considerably more of every category than we did for a full run before 1.0.6 hit. Doesn’t seem to effect everyone but I know my fellow Canadian friends all seem to share the same ai director curse.

In one run I think we had 10+ in under the first minute or something absurd like that.

1 Like

it shouldn’t be that hard to get a screenshot of a scoreboard

But they’re not “special” anymore. They’re just more trash mobs to kill now and spawning 24-7.

And people do stick togather in Legend. its no longer punishment for "risky"playstyles.

Its all the time, constant, and unending… WITHOUT any “risky” playstyles happening.

Specials are nothing but more trash mobs now and meaningless… its just a constant punishment for no reason.

1 Like

Going just by what I saw in the last mission I did in Legend which was Convocation of Decay failed about halfway through. It’s more than that.

Patrol Spawned on top of the Shade and insta-agroed of course, Me and the Shade killed most of it, but i died. Then a horde plus gas rat + gunner + flame rat spawned seconds later. Unless you consider everyone more than 10 yards apart as being “separated”… we were all within range of each other the whole time.

it was 36 at a little under halfway point so would likely have been around 60-70 by the end.

About half that is more appropriate.

EDIT: For the record Convocation of Devay is a fairly short map… if I’d have been running a long one like Athel Yenlui that number would likely have been a 120-140.

1 Like

If you’re telling me that there’s no risky playstyles happening in your random quickplay legend games… well, I don’t believe that. Lol. There’s a lot of it that happens, whether it’s bad players or just fresh graduates from champion that aren’t quite there yet, and it only takes one or two people with risky playstyles to endanger the whole team.

I’ve seen a looot of people complaining that there weren’t this many specials in V1… well in V1 we didn’t have all these careers with “press F to delete special” and various dashes/charges/stealth/whathaveyou that make dealing with them much easier. V1 quantities of specials would be boring as heck in V2.

Three specials with a horde is fine to deal with, obviously the patrol dropping on your face was a glitch and should be fixed. Without that you would have been able to handle the rest.

1 Like

True but you don’t need 3 specials in each room or corridor for the map to deal with that.

They are almost as common as ambient mobs.

That would have been fine… IF… not for the Gunner, Pack Rat, and Gas rat in the previous hallway. And the Two Leeches and Blightstormers before that. Or the Gas Rat and Packmaster in the section before that.

That’s not just “throwing you a curve ball” or “punishing you for being out of position”… its becoming as common as ambient mobs.

There’s a point to where its just ridiculous.

1 Like

I accidentally joined a recruit lobby a few days ago because I forgot that the lobby browser filter requires you to search again to get truly new results…

I thought it would be too easy so I asked if we could at least play veteran but we went ahead with recruit anyways… We almost got wiped by doing a full book run + constant spawning and I was probably downed at least once IIRC. There was also a good amount of spawn placement/enemy stacking in that mission…

It didn’t feel like a suitable recruit difficulty for me, obviously the team play was a bit so-so but one of the other players was at least somewhat familiar with the game.

This is what I mean. I’m completely fine with a challenge in spawns, but having these kind of crazy spawns in veteran (recruit too I guess?) seems a little much.

1 Like

After the boss on Into the Nest there’s a little trip on a lift. NO fun when you arrive to find two gunners jam a weapon up your butthole and pull the trigger while a Tom-Brady-Gasrat lobs a perfect shot onto the lift platform. Insta-wipe on veteran.

2 Likes