Something is off with the color in my game

The color in my game looks really desaturated and washed out. It’s especially noticeable with the orange text you see in menus, but it seems to effect everything. I’ve tried messing with the gamma settings, my video card color setting, and windows color settings and no matter what I do, everything has a milkiness to it. This issue only occurs in Vermintide 2. I thought it might be my monitor, but doing a side by side comparison of a screenshot i found on google, you can see that the colors are all wrong.

I suspect it might have something to do with Windows activating HD color (10bit color) and then doing some kind of dithering, but I forced it to remain off and I’m still getting the issue.
Same issue in both DX 11 and DX 12, regardless of whether or not Windows HD color is activated

The attached screenshot lets you compare the text in regular screenshot (left) with what I normally see (right)

Please include as much information as possible in the description of your issue and include:

• Steps to reproduce the issue
  • How consistently the issue occurs for you
  • Screenshots and/or video evidence

If reporting a crash, please do so within the ‘Technical Support’ sub-category and include the crash report produced. comaprisonB

Must admit I’m stuck on what to recommend here. If you’re a NVIDIA user, try the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings, and play around with the options for Vermintide 2. Perhaps somebody from the community can help here.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.