Some Feedback on WoM from a Longtime Player

Please explain to me what the “dodge-jump glitch” is. I am very interested in what you mean by this.

When you dodge to the side and instantly jump, then the jump avoids the movement speed slowdown you would normally get from dodging, and it also resets your dodge count. So it basically means every weapon gets infinite dodge count.

Jsat does this pretty much constantly while kiting the chaos spawn here:

2 Likes

There’s an important difference between abusing a glitch and utilizing a technique. What about that is a glitch? And how would it be “fixed” in your eyes?

2 Likes

I don’t see how anyone can say it’s not a glitch. If you’re supposed to be able to get infinite dodges with any weapon you please, then why do weapons have dodge counts?

3 Likes

I never saw it as a glitch, for me it’s simple version of strafe jumping (Q3A). You can also screw it up, and you are not immortal while doing this. I see no problem with it at all. And I glad that something like this is in the game.

Also, you can dodge faster without dodge jumping, so you don’t want to do this all the time. If you need more control with your dodging you can’t do this, like now if you are fighting super agressive hordes with nerfed dodge u can’t be fighting them and dodge jumping around, you will get rekt because you don’t have proper control of the movement.

8 Likes

its lame and shouldnt be in the game at all, much less this easily abused.

this is precisely the sort of crap that needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

What abusing, everyone who plays for some time knows about this mechanic. It is not some secred society thing that let’s you easily win everything in the game.

As I mentioned before it has benefits and it has drawbacks, it’s clearly feature.

2 Likes

the only benefit is that it games the system. the drawback is that it games the system. that everyone knows about it and can use it doesnt make it “ok”. its a screwed up game mechanic that wasnt intented, is way over-powered, and destroys the game. its lame, stupid, and should be removed.

1 Like

Can you please be at least little specific, there is nothing specific in these post.

Please explain to me, why exactly is it so lame and screwed up. I don’t see it.

First time seeing an example and explanation of it. It wasn’t talked much on Reddit or Squirrel squad discord for me to know more than it exists. That said, I didn’t care to dig deeper.

1 Like

But how long are you playing VT2 ? This is pretty well known and it isn’t some OP thing as others make it out to be.

In about year I play this, I did not see single thread complaining about this mechanic. There is nothing wrong with it, it is “advanced mechanic” that has it’s benefits and it’s drawbacks.

3 Likes

Well it’s kinda a bug like Deed Swapping, or Grudge Raker getting ammo back with right click (which was fixed). I will certainly not call that an intended feature =p

700h pre WoM

1 Like

It isn’t, it is in the game since release as far as I know, and if that was a bug it would be fixed already.

If they removed this than I would prolly just go “fu” and drop the VT2. Because people don’t seem to realize what would happen if they “disabled” this.

Meaning, if you can’t keep any momentum, from movement into jump… it would mean you would run, side dodge, click jump and suddenly you would defy physics, got perfectly instant-stopped and jump in the spot.

Holy cow that would feel horrible. Nobody would enjoy that. First it would be super awkward and second it would make the whole combat feel even slower.

It would be major screw up.

Right now, what is happening is not a bug …

What is happening is that you… lets say side-dodge and if you dodge in timely manner you are getting some momentum from the movement so you are side jumping. Problem with this, is that you can’t really change direction during the jump and you still can get hit. So you can’t like take Executioner and dodge jump around horde trashing them, not gonna happen. You need to attack in normal way and time the dodges. Another thing is that you can dodge faster if you are not dodge jumping.

Main benefit of dodge jumping is that you don’t need very good sense of how fast are your dodges refreshing (since if you dodge jump, it’s long enough so you always know u refreshed) and you get to keep some of the momentum from dodge, BUT you can’t dodge as fast as you could have without jumping and you can’t really change direction during the dodge jump.

That has nothing to do with this, that was obvious bug. That you could use shotguns, crit bash horde and get full ammo back. That was just broken.

4 Likes

Than you’re prolly not someone interested that much in mechanic of the game I guess. I know about this since like first week of playing the game.

j_sat explains all the basics in 20 min long “Today I Learned” vid.

Oh ok, getting infinite dodge despite your heavy weapon is not broken, but getting back ammo by bashing monster is. I see ! Why was I so blind.

1 Like

Ah… it seems that people don’t know how dodging even works. You’re not getting infinite dodge…

How dodge works in VT2 : You got different number of effective dodges on different weapons, those also have different dodge range. After you use up your effective dodges you will go into negative numbers and start getting penalty, which you sure don’t want, because soon you are pinned into the ground.

Effective dodge count refreshes every 0.5 second.

If you dodge jump, the whole procedure takes more than 0.5 seconds, let’s say it’s 0.7. Therefore, you can keep repeating that forever, but it’s not always better at avoiding stuff than classic dodges for reasons I explained already. You can’t change direction and it is slower than normal dodging.

By slower I mean, you can chain dodges much faster than dodge jumps. I don’t know the exact number but it’s like 0.35-0.4 before you can dodge again.

So you can do nearly 2 dodges in different directions, for one dodge jump ±, than wait 0.5s and repeat. (on heavy weapon, since most of those have effective dodge of 2) But this also requires skill in timing department, because if u do it wrong, you get pinned down in negative dodge count and you’re dead, if you are in nasty situation.

It is not broken in any way, it is different mechanic that has it’s uses in certain scenarios, but doesn’t make sense in others. And it sure does not make u suddenly solo everything.

Also if you are blocking, you get slow even during the jump, if you don’t block, you are faster but you risk getting hit, slowed … murdered fast.

And finally to show how crazy OP this mechanic is, you can watch some parts of my last run for example and look how much I use the dodge jump there… not much, really… because it’s not something you do non-stop to dodge jump thru the map for victory… people who think that just don’t understand how the mechanics actually work and what are other options.

And if anyone is thinking about saying "well it’s elf dude… wtf… " then there is lots of vids with Merc & Executioner, 2H hammer action etc.

ps: Getting ammo back is fine, getting full ammo back on super fast glitch bashing… that sure is not fine. And you know it… this is not debate in good faith when you pull up stuff like this.

3 Likes

It’s probably that I didn’t care for it. The only jsat video I’ve seen was about questoneer analysis.

2 Likes

its lame and the fact that you are a big supporter of it doesnt make it any less lame or gamey of a tactic. it stinks. it needs to be fixed. that it hasnt been fixed doesnt mean it shouldnt be. otherwise why are you complaining about bugs and combat mechanic changes that they have made? cant have it both ways snowflake

No need for ad hominems.