Some elf feedback

True that.

it’s just that the game makes it really hard to counter without a good ranged weapon to back you up. ALL specials and bosses are best engaged at range, and you want to take these guys out asap. the waystalker has a larger ammo pool + good ammo regen, so she is able to deal with more threats and quicker, not to mention she has trueshot.

handmaiden is a utility class, once she runs dry on ammo, your gonna have a hard time reacting quickly against ranged threats. same for the shade. and the amount of specials that the game throws at you… it’s tough to sustain ammo with the other 2 classes.

i was really hoping for a scavenger vt1 trait, but there isn’t one.

Handmaiden is viable. You can get some pretty insane stamina regen, coupled with spear, push/block angle, reduced cd on her ult, and reduced cd on crit, she can be really slippery and deal with hordes in a really unconventional way by bleeding them all to death lol. That being said, she doesn’t really have the utility of the other “Tank” classes. And she absolutely is one of the “tank” classes because she has no damage scaling whatsoever, so you’re fairly useless against CW/minibosses.
I don’t think lack of ammo is really a problem with the career though, you have to rely on your ranged career teammates, just like with other tank/melee characters (except IB), take the longbow and only use it against specials (there is of course the larger meta issue of tanks/melee being redundant, i.e why not stack ranged classes since melee weapons have so much cleave, hopefully upcoming power changes will shift the meta). She can absolutely melt through hordes with her ultimate spam though, it’s quite entertaining. A tip also, if you didn’t know, you can block cancel her ult mid dash, and you can also charge an attack, dash and release the attack. It’s incredibly satisfying killing rats anime style lmao.

Shade however, is just hot garbage. Ult cd is way too long and on top of that it’s just useless, you get a free kill on a 1-2 CWs and a chunk of damage on the miniboss, big deal. Her passives are also all useless, since you should pretty much never be behind the enemy unless it’s a miniboss and minibosses are just not an issue in the current meta. WS with a longbow and glaive honestly probably has comparable boss damage so why bother. I think they need to rethink her passive and lower the cd of her ult significantly. I mean take murderous prowess from total war warhammer, give her stacking crit/power/whatever on successive kills, give her some antihorde utility.

Without considering some talents/passives bugged/wrong, they are “ok” characters, but meta obscures them.

Anyway, nerfing top careers, imo will kill the fun… They have to buff the others and, if the games will be too easy, buff enemies.

That’s a way to go I guess. I’m having fun with shade and maiden right now, wouldn’t want the game to get too easy or something. I wouldn’t mind a decrease in shade’s ult charge though :wink:

1 Like

shade is a cool theory. i disagree that WS will do comparable damage on a boss, the backstabs especially with glaive charge swings are very noticeable and the crossbow’s alt fire absolutely shreds bosses for those moments you can’t get in range. the problem is outside of that, due to current scaling, she just isn’t useful for anything. she can’t really maintain ammo throughout the map right now for special killing with the crossbow, and enough weapons kill things like chaos warriors fast enough as is, and if it’s a situation where they’re going to be threatening to you, IE they’re smushed in with a bunch of enemies, you can’t reliably backstab them in the blob or too many other enemies will flank you. meanwhile a bounty hunter or pyro are just going to go “hurr durr HURRRR” and erase them anyways.

with the power rework she might become a little more useful depending on how much harder enemies are to kill, but even then it just seems too risky for the pay off. i’ll goof around with it on the beta branch sometime today because i desperately want the character to work

side note: the red crossbow looks good and its shots being almost silent is a very cool touch if it’s intended. very fitting for the character even if sometimes i can’t tell if my shot actually went off or not due to the whispering sound being so quiet :smile: