So is the commissary just a dead feature now?

That thing has not been updated ONCE since it’s release, and now we’ve got a whole new reward track system. Seeing how fatshark really likes their timesinks (crafting system lol), is there any chance we’ll get, i don’t know, at least recolors for the actually new models from the reward track in the commissary? Stuff like the squad leader armor with purity seals but in other colors than one.

I just don’t know what the purpose of the commissary is supposed to be - unless we get Garbs & Penances update #2 i don’t see a reason for it to exist.

6 Likes

Honestly I still think the best approach would be decoupling camo/paint from skins and selling the camo/paint at the commissary while you get models with default scheme from penances/mtx store. If you absolutely need to have things be a certain color for consistency like the krieger super premium stuff then have those come with a built in color that’s locked to it.

17 Likes

That’s kinda exactly how DRG does it and it’s amazing! When you buy a “skin” in DRG (which are DLCs), you’re not just buying a set of textures, instead you’re buying both a set of “re-mesh” and paintings, you can apply the new mesh model for any current or future weapon you have that drastically change the weapon’s model without changing their paintjob, or you can apply the paintjob to any current or future weapon without changing their mesh model. So the only thing that doesn’t change about the weapons is their functionality.

And they always cover all the weapon in the game, so the DLCs are kinda like total conversions for the game, and they also all cover not only weapons but also armors/outfit too.

7 Likes

Best fatshark can do is one reskin every 6+ months for an item they released over half a year ago at full price

If fatshark actually cared about player expression and wanted to try with their premium store, they’d make for the drip offical.

2 Likes

Everything is a dead feature, nothing gets updated everything just gets reworks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.