Skin situation; Make all skins buyable with coins AND cash (win win...)

It isn’t win win. Artists should get paid for their work and these premium skins are high-quality work that I will gladly pay real money for. I can’t wait for the next skins if this is the standard they are working to.

You don’t need all the skins you don’t need all the skins you don’t need all the skins you don’t need all the skins you don’t need all the skins you don’t need all the skins you don’t need all the skins you don’t need all the skins

you don’t need all the skins

2 Likes

They will get paid while there are people like you, and there seems to be an abundance so should not be a problem? Maybe they will charge 100€ for the next skin, i guess you would happily support that also?

You do realise that the people making the skins aren’t a separate entity right? Its all done under the same company, so they would get payed from sales of expansions. No one is asking them to do it for nothing. More that it would be part of the expansions, like it would be in most other games. Go play some mobile games or something.

Somehow if McDonalds or some other major company would start charging 200$ for a chees burger, I’m sure there would be people like you coming up with 100s of reasons defending it. Or Apple 5000$ phones etc. And its already happening, I don’t really blame the company’s for doing this stuff, its the customers like you who are the real problem.

I am ready to bet with you that Fatshark will not release a singular skins which costs 50 € or more. Timeframe this year. Wager being 50 €. Willing to go or do you think you might exagerate a bit?

Anyway, as it seems it is not only Fatshark doing this but also the community being okay with. Because people care more about playable content being free instead of getting some unncessary skins for free. I give you credit for trying to spin your original suggestion as win win if marketing clearly shows that this model is more functional. Sad to say this to you but your glorious fight is a lost cause. You can keep on bickering how we are all part of the problem and stupid. It doesn’t change the issue that your suggestion is not a solution.

4 Likes

What makes you think FS didn’t hire freelancers or an outside agency to do these skins? An outside agency called Corbax Studio did the base game skins FYI. I’m a freelancer myself (web dev) and my rates are not cheap.

Of course I wouldn’t buy skins for $100. There is a massive difference between $100 and $10 and $10 is in line with what other games are doing/what the market is worth.

1 Like

To be fair the detailed UI is inferior to the already free Mod: Numeric UI. But the reworks are great.

I agree generally no-one is entitled to cosmetics.

The solution for excess shillings I think lie elsewhere. Different coloured weapon glows for example. Would take little effort on the developers part and let you sink your excess coins. Buying a small boost to pilgrims coins in your teams first map might be nice too (adjusted for difficulty of course)
You could spend some shillings to refresh the boons at a boss chest (but only once per run)

We can come up with any number of low effort little things that old and new players could spend their excess coins on that don’t have to touch the premium cosmetics.

1 Like

11 MONTHS LATER

Dang it man.

ny1C

1 Like