Sire Melks Unrequisitorium

On my psyker not a single staff. Nevermind that not even a single tier 4 blessing again on any weapon at all. One of the Transcendent Autoguns actually has two tier 2 blessings on it…

Time to log out for another 24 hours to wait on RNG Blessing shop to maybe have something tier 4 on it again. Or even an actual weapon I want. Especially given staffs aren’t treated the same as different marks of weapons and instead act like entirely different weapons so no shared blessings learnt.

4 Likes

Yeah, I bought a staff from Melk’s shop… once.

1 Like

Psyker imo overall has a loot pool problem. In general with the number of items in Malks and the hourly store the chance of finding a staff (which really is central to how it plays based off the Psyker’s tree) is way to low. Often i check and my store looks like it belongs to a vet or a preacher minus their signature weapons.

A big issue is that a lot of the builds around Psyker center around staff use and there is really 1 viable build path if you use something else (brain burst with lacerate) and that’s about it. Even then it doesn’t make a whole ton of sense when it comes to the weapons psyker can get. It should mostly be relegated to very basic ranged weapons like a single mark of las gun, maybe 1 auto gun, and the pistols/auto pistols.

There are even voice lines in game referencing to the fact that the psyker was not trained to use ranged weaponry so i don’t get why they are even issued something like the recon las gun (maybe it’s a weight thing but then why have the heavier stuff?).

There are 22 ranged weapon for Psyker and 4 of those are staffs. “Well rocker it’s to give more options, otherwise the pool would be very limited” ok but the ogryn gets 7 and their are all fairly solid options and people can generally find what they want. I feel like if we had 4 staffs, 3 pistols, and maybe some of the smaller braced auto guns it would make a lot more sense and the loot pool would be far less atrocious to deal with. That or alternatively make it so brunt’s sells a larger range of auto guns / las guns but the shops are turned to spit out staffs and pistols.

Edit: Actually looking more into it the Zealot loot pool is also less stupid even though it’s mostly mundane weapons dropping stuff that’s less relevant to the class like the recon las gun and instead having the basic set of the las + auto guns as well as the shotgun, bolter, and it’s class specific flame thrower. They really need to throw Psyker a bone here.

1 Like

I made a post about it but yeah. I think class unique weapons should have their own tabs and there should be more consistency on the number of blessings on a weapon/mark.

Yeah its a real bum deal with Psyker, especially when it comes to playing other classes because there are some weapons that cross over so learning blessings on those would be something you could still do to contribute to your main character but Force Staff is not one of them and honestly is what I am spending 100% of my time spam crafting at the minute for tier 4 perks and still haven’t got even one. I’m about to barter off another like 25 anointed staffs that didn’t get any good blessing/perk rolls.

Also given all the issues with this game I really wish I could buy the Zealot and Veteran goggles and coats too. It sort of sucks that I can’t even give them more money for cosmetics for my psyker that would definitely fit him. I might make another thread about that as I am sure Fatshark would love more ways for us to pay them. The preview mod lets me see that they look real good on me too.

1 Like

Yeah, in addition to this all the staff blessing are separated even though for the purge and surge it’s the same blessings no matter what.

Like the two satff weapons that are functionally the same get separated but we don’t get this with the ripper guns, the las guns, or the different classes of auto guns. Sure the staff has a fairly small poll but if you want all the blessings on all the staffs you got to do this 4 separate times for some reason even though their blessing function is identical.

Hell even if they split it so the rifthaven and surge were bundled with the Voidstrike and Trama being together blessing wise (not sure why Voidstike doesn’t get rending shockwave as i doubt it would be that op? Apart from that it’s literally the same blessing pool) it would be far less obnoxious to hunt for.

3 Likes

Its madness inducing. Sorry I couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

I just use Melk’s as a perk farming facility. The weapons are rarely good.

I mean that is the whole point of this thread. There are rarely even tier 4 blessings on it nevermind any force staff of which we require the exact model of staff we want the perk to be learnt for.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.