Sienna is in a rough place

Hm, there are two threads in which we discussed Unchained a month or two again. If you haven’t seen them I can link them for you.

I don’t think that Unchained really needs much of a buff. She is my Cataclysm main beside Ironbreaker. I also played Pyromancer (only Legend though) so I can compare them halfway and Unchained is for me easier to play and to survive.

I think there are like three talents which needs some minor tweaks. Would have to look up my post but I think Searing Grasp is one of them. I can also copy-paste my points here again. I have played Unchained extensively on Cataclysm so its not as I make things up.

Just one point here already. I ABSOLUTELY do not agree that Bomb Balm is the only useful ult talent. Fuel to the Fire is far superior in nearly every situation for several reasons. You rarely to never need the THP on Unchained anyway and due to its low reach your teammates don’t profit from it as well. It is a waste in my opinion unless you use it on a bot where it works okay.

List them, plz.

She’s close to perfect, though I think her and WHC are both a little strong tbh. there’s been a lot of powercreep that hasn’t really been paid much attention too I think.

not exactly pressing changes or anything, or even big changes that would be needed. just something so she’s not such a melee powerhouse too, because I don’t think UC has any place at all when pyro does her thing better as well as being super good at range too. UC would have to be borderline broken to fit in then, which isn’t what I’d want to see.

WHC would probably be brought down a bit just by a weapons rebalance, which is needed to start with.

Most situations where you the team gets wiped is actually during hordes. With Fuel to the Fire you gain:

• An increase of up to 25 % for all her ranged attacks for 10 s which lets you decimate hordes far easier due to the increase in killing speed and reaching of new breakpoints. The only other talent which has a comparable increase is Volcanic Force which needs a full charge though. For Fuel to the fire it works on every step, not full charge only. And 10 s is long enough to cast three to four full conflagration casts. It can easily turn the tides if you get surrouned

• It also bridges the time until you have built up overcharge again. With other talents your melee power bonus drops back to 0 . Not so with Fuel to the Fire. If triggered in panic you still have half of your overharge bonus power easying your survival.

• The space needed to cast as mentioned before is more reliably provided by Fuel to the Fire. The enemy counting for your bonus is done before the damage and staggering is applied. This means with Fuel to the Fire your stagger power is increased up to 25 % which pushes enemies back better.

• Same as above your ult damage with Fuel to Fire is increased up to 25 % as well. This means you reach more breakpoints (or breakpoints at all). Skaven Slaves and Ungors can easily killed by the Ult alone. Normal Skaven as well as fanatics are damaged enough that you can kill them with one measily hit on Cataclysm (for Marauder and Gor I would have to check again).

So all in all, your clean up potential as well as your safe space by staggering are both increased with Fuel to the Fire.

3 Likes

Unchained needs her dmg going into overcharge fixed, some talent changes, minor tweaks and she is fine. no need to bring pyro down to fix uc, it wouldnt even make it so its ‘powercreep’ that everyone keeps saying.

the only thing that whc needs adjusting is billhook infinite dodge maybe. Whc right now is honestly my baseline, good passives, talents, weapons

2 Likes
4 Likes

BW: Boss, with many viable talent builds. Tree is a bit awkward and doesn’t make a lot of sense but it works.
Pyro: Boss, with 1 or 2 talent builds. Tree is 50% useless filler but the remaining two builds are top tier.
UC: Viable, with basically only 1 talent build. Tree is mostly useless filler, or bugged (chain reaction). Works well enough but doesn’t fill it’s thematic gameplay niche properly due to 2.0 combat changes.

In summary, like the entire game, there’s a lot of room for improvement. However Sienna’s a very strong character overall and isn’t really in need of a buff, just fine tuning.

2 Likes

Nah I disagree, her melee damage isn’t rewarding enough for there to be any reason to pick her over pyro atm. Making her tree less useless would be nice, but I can’t see any reason you’d run her without huge buffs.

Having WHC as the baseline when he’s an incredibly strong class is just saying you want powercreep. Even just down to weapons, look at how A&F didn’t really get changed and has gone from “arguably the best weapon in the game” to “it’s okay, but there’s other options”. That’s absolutely due to powercreep.

Her dmg is rewarding enough if playing her optimaly imo, just need some fixes. I don’t see any talent on pyro thats a overpowered talent.

The only thing about whc that is a little strong is flense stacking and crits on ult. Idk what career you think is baseline right now but i’d love to know.

I think her passive is a bit strong, and the way it interacts with volans doctrine makes her super super good in melee, without the risk built in that UC has. Spirit casting and ride the firewind contribute, but they don’t provide the huge boost that the other two do.

I don’t think there’s any career I’d say is a perfect baseline, they all need adjusting somehow. Most of the dwarf careers are well balanced as far as talents go, but his weapon choices are kind of meh mostly. WHC is interesting but he has access to some of the most broken weapons in the game and is way tankier than his HP makes him look, and gets pretty massive boosts to DPS (even more so if you factor in the whole team tagging enemies).

I couldn’t tell you a single class that is the ideal, but I don’t think that balancing the game around one of the best options there is would do much but trivialise content. Imagine how strong outliers would be if we aimed for him and his weapons to just be mid-tier?

I think u missunderstood, whc for me is how a strong career should be, not the middleground

I’ve been a Sienna Unchanged “main” for a long long time and I think her survivability and potential is insanely useful for any team. Her ability to stagger and crowd control and take hits is crazy.

While I’m always hesitant to hear about nerfs, I simply can’t say that she feels weak or useless. Especially when I’m regularly the only one in a group that survives and has to have my hero moments to save a run.

I can agree more with that then yeah, though I think his weapons are still in a weird spot where some are way overtuned and others are awful.

I know how beam staff works. Did you it doesn’t have infinite cleave on the shotgun blast? It has very low cleave, low damage, and high overheat generation. The sniper fire of Beam is very underwhelming on cata or anything cata +. I remember it used to be really good in legend for sniping elites because you could hit some BP’s. I imagine it still is.

You know shotgun blast is literally aoe attack like shield slam and fire sword first heavy?

It’s not. Its’ cleave is pathetic, really.

Shotgun blast is so bad it wouldnt suprise me if a shield bash did more dmg. This is ofcourse exagerated just fyi

My bad, it is not aoe attack but outside of hyper it wouldn’t matter that why i though it was aoe because of how it can hit tons of visible targets.

How it is bad? Its amazing horde control weapon

i think i should ask what difficulty you are basing this on first.

Cata (premades I don’t like randos in cata) and legend.