Sharpshooter - Is it actually bad?

I agree with this so much. Most talents just straight up do not change the way you play. There is no feel of earned power with him when it comes to talents. I feel this too.

1 Like

While I agree with the need for skill reforms and rebalancing/buffing, the size/mag argument is something I really canā€™t agree with.

Veteran absolutely dominates right now. They have enough raw DPS that they put Psykers to shame, and can kill Elites faster than them to boot. The class needs a downside, no matter how trivial, and slightly smaller mag sizes seems like a really small price to pay for literally the best DPS / utility in the game.

One of the central things, is their 200 toughness, that they very much need to be able to peak out of cover and have firefights with other ranged enemies.
Secondly, they can easily regenerate it through coherency or 5% per second (highest regen in the game)

Either reduce damage values (15% weakspot AND 50% damage, at RANGE, is just insane) or reduce tankiness of the class.

1 Like

More feedback

Grenades should remain in your hand until you run out of them. Trying to throw multiple in rapid succession is a pain.

Constantly re-racking/re-cocking the gun after pulling it out is obnoxious. I understand it may be for balance reasons, but Iā€™d rather just a slower animation if thatā€™s the case. Itā€™s particularly bad with the Boltgun.

1 Like

I havenā€™t played sharpshooter yet, but Iā€™m planning on making Sharpshooter my second character. Hereā€™s my perspective as an Ogryn on playing alongside them:
Thereā€™s no other class Iā€™d rather have covering me than a Sharpshooter, even with a shield in my hand. The enemy ranged spam is a gigantic pain, and the veteran can just fight on a different level, staying back, and picking off all the chip damage that consistently causes the most HP loss to me throughout the game. They are able to lay down suppressing fire as well, and they have a moderate ability of dealing with specials. Having ammo regen for the entire team globally contributes to special hunting, or in the case of the Ogryn, to crowd control, without really having to do anything other than being around.
I love having them in my team, they seem great from the outside, and you have my sympathies for getting it balanced for the player perspective.

Also I strongly agree with talents not making any difference in general.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had time to read all of this thread, but the grenade regen is amazing, to the point where I have difficulty ever switching to playing a camping build

Thatā€™s because Iā€™m an aggressive player. I run Chainsword + Laspistol on Heresy and run into melee. I use the grenade for knockback cc. I do have a torrent laser rifle for alternate builds