Shade crit when ulting broken and cor staff broken for BW. Its been 1 month now and still no fix

All the examples I listed do something other than what is stated/do things that are not stated at all anywhere.
This is exactly the same with Cloak of Pain/Cloak of Mist.

Additionally, the fact that the descirptions do not match the actual abilities is regrettable, yet not a reason to change the abilities to match the descriptions. That would be one of the poorest reasons to change gameplay for the sake of text.

Instead, it should be the other way around (or we accept that not everything about a complex game can conveniently be displayed in a tiny text box).

About the implications these bugs have for Shade:

Cloak of Pain:
Cloak of Pain did not just lose “1 more elite kill,” it literally lost 50% of its elite killing power.
Imagine if Gk’s double stab ult (cooldown of 40 secs) just did no proper damage on the 2nd stab.

Except Cloak of Pain is a 60 sec cooldown ult and requires a backstab for the 2nd kill which makes it a fun risk/reward playstyle - that got nuked for no reason as you also stated:
there was and is no reason for Cloak of Pain getting nerfed at all.

Cloak of Mist Vanish:
If you want to nerf Cloak of Mist’s frontal damage output, then this bug achieves absolutely nothing.
It only destroys the synergies with Vanish, thus severly undermining the key identity of a backstab focused class.

Having to rely on certain enemies being in the vicinity when ulting is not only exceedingly reliant on rng and unfun (are there any slave rats even near the pack of SVs that I inted to ult? - If no, useless talent), but also ruins the theme of the class as well:
the high value target assassin running after the weakest enemies just so her talents can work at all.

I’ll just drop a link to the original post where similar arguments are listed:

The gist of it is that these bugs have an utterly negative impact on the way Shade is played.

Even IF they were intended, it would be especially egregious as there are several far easier and significantly more elegant ways of toning down Cloak of Mist and Vanish that would not hurt the identity of a class by making it clunky to play:

Reducing the cooldown reduction on Cloak of Mist to 15% - 20% would put its cooldown to 51- 48 secs, which feels like a fair amount (go and try it out Steam Workshop::Shade Adjust).
Cutting it down from +45% cdr to +20% is reducing it by over half its current power without taking it away completely.

Adding a 1 sec internal cooldown to Vanish would severly reduce its potential to wipe out 10+ elites in under 4 secs while remaining completely invisible.

(See my comment further down explaining what I mean with “1 sec internal cooldown”).

Instead, when paired with Cloak of Mist, you’d get 4 secs of crits, meaning an average of 3 elites kills per ult when chaining Vanish invis procs (human error wouldn’t allow for 4 perfectly timed 1 second cooldowns of Vanish procs).

You generally do not get much value out of Vanish without Cloak of Mist, and a nerfed Cloak of Mist without Vanish played as a frontline class would still be good, but not op.

Again, coupled with the outlined nerf to Cloak of Mist, the combo of Vanish+Cloak of Mist would still exist and remain potent. However, it would no longer trivialize content as it does now.

Important to keep in mind is that one has to be careful when applying a double nerf (Vanish AND Cloak of Mist nerfed) as it can easily dumpster a build completely otherwise - which would be a shame since the idea behind this build offers a unique playstyle.

4 Likes