Revert the Surge staff or

130ish hours in the game now.

Since they changed the Surge Staff mechanics from how it worked before it feels lacking. As everything has been viable, the Surge staff made sense in its operation and visuals.

The surge staff late game feels lacking. Where it used to hit multiple targets now only hits 2 and frankly not very hard. It’s place amongst the staffs, I feel it should as its single target now hit like a Mac truck.

Purgatus crowd control Short range
Trauma Medium Range Localized Medium AOE
Voidstrike Small AOE but long range.
Surge No AOE medium range Single target. It can’t single target real well. Only a handful of specials pop in one fully charged shot.

I would keep its current damage add some localized AOE like it had or keep it near single target make it an extension of brain burst and hit really hard. As each of the staffs is an extension or replacement for one of the psykers natural abilities.

Also most importantly Cool Factor.

All the Staffs look and operate as they should Except the Surge staff. Lightening and electricity jumps and spreads this staff doesn’t do that. When it takes 3 and 4 Charged hits on something important like a Maniac or Gunner to pop makes you look and feel weak. My Surge staff is 513 with damage boosts. Still don’t cut it. Runs great at 3 but 4s and 5s its so weak.

The Surge staff lost its place and its cool factor bring it back… some how…

Also smite… I think it would be cool if single target did more damage or cost less peril than a charged two handed smite. Using the single doesn’t make much sense for its cost and effect.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I don’t think the base staff will be buffed.

I wish it had some differences, maybe more blessings.
A blessing to increase the number of jumps the lightning can do and a blessing to make the secondary targets take the full damage instead of a fraction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.