Request for Darktide

I don’t know about the rest of the community but I would like Darktide to have a clean UI in-game.

I personally feel the V2 UI is absolutely atrocious compared to the UI from the first Vermintide game.

I don’t want my entire screen full of junk is what I’m saying.

I would even settle for a UI options in the game settings to be able to move and resize the UI to my liking. I think this could be a viable option for all players. It would be better to add this in game instead of through mods as we all know that some updates/patches break mods temporarily and it’s just completely frustrating.

I would also like an option to move the chat window. I’m blind in my left eye so I have no left side peripheral and I hardly notice the chat window popping up when someone sends a message. I would like to be able to move it to the right hand side so I would be able to see it better.

I would greatly appreciate either a clean UI format or an option to edit the UI to maximize the gaming experience.

MY BODY IS READY FOR DARKTIDE

5 Likes

I hope that most of the functionality enabled by approved mods in VT2 is incorporated into DT before launch. They are obviously popular and including them in the base game would avoid all the patch incompatibility problems.

2 Likes

Honestly V2 just had a lot more interesting mechanics that justified the UI changes:

• Abilities made characters way more interesting and unique.
  • Triggered and aura effects exist, which also make gameplay more interesting, and so those icons appear too.

To return to V1 UI simplicity would mean we couldn’t have similarly interesting mechanics triggering. You can do SOME of that stuff with visuals (25% chance that your next bullet is overcharged = every so often my gun has an extra glow to it), but UI icons are the easiest way to do it.

1 Like

thanks man, that’s exactly what i wanted to suggest too. there is always problems with UI mods after every patch in V2. Would be great to have extensive UI options that would make these mods unnecessary. Also from my experience in world of warcraft: being able to fully customize your UI (with mods) was a great part of the game. It gave you the feeling to “own” your game, make it yours and unique. So having buffs where you want them is not only for better “player performance”, it brings a deeper connection to the game itself!

Size, Transparency and hold and Drag would be soooo neat!