Remove Inferno Staff from the game

I like the current 10% of the weapons that you nag about. Buff the rest 90% is this clear?
Let me clarifying the confusion, “Stop nerf everything that works” Does this make sense?
Do I need to rephrase it in a different manner?

Yeah that defenitely helps a lot understanding your point indeed, thank you

Question, don’t you think the 10% is overtuned?

I’m not saying all 90% of the rest is fine, MANY need considerable buffs (pls megabuff chainsword), but wouldn’t you agree something around Tacaxe power level is what Darktide should aim for instead?

I like the idea of weapons being strong, but there’s a fine line between strong and mega OP that makes people feel like they can ONLY use these weapons

And it gets worse, since the best things currently are also the safest, less risky playstyles possible that reward more than the risk

Duelling sword having mega range, armor pen and mobility
Knife having mega mobility and armor pen
Force sword having the ability to block range, alongside armor pen and mega damage

And so and so and so… but TLDR, I agree that a few needs considerable or even mega buffs, but the outliers need to be tuned down since the safest options being the best options is lame and shouldn’t be a thing. Encourage risk, learning weapon patterns, having downsides to your weapon

This is why many admire Relic Blade, yes it defenitely overperforms, but SO MANY PEOPLE are WAY MORE OK with this weapon being this way, simply because it requires you to learn combos, it requires you to learn the activation functionality, and because it also slows you down to a crawl compared to other meta options

We need more stuff like Relic Blade, risky but powerful (to a fair degree ofc), or safer but more “tuned down” (Tac Axe)

so is specifically not using those 10% part of the challenge for many that they prefer to have the resemblance of “fun”

why spoil these when the toy box already has them outliers others can purposefully ignore?

going the easy way aint “fun” for me and if I would want a power fantasy I’d go singleplayer.

then again even there I amp doom’s nightmare up to 125% speed and see if someday I can match zero master at least in that if not ultra nightmare.

and yet, for all “fun” enjoyers, there’s plenty of settings below to chose from :man_shrugging:

Nah, you’re not. I am not a Havoc 40 player. Actually, I haven’t played Havoc for months. I’ve reached level 25 (iirc) and then stopped playing Darktide in general for a longer time. I haven’t checked since then what my current level is.

So, H40 is definitely out of reach for me atm. I will probably never be able to play H40. Due to lack of time, lack of ambition (yeah, not everyone is highly ambitious in that regard and that is fine!) and lack of skill is probably a thing too :sweat_smile:

It would be nice to be one of the player who actually beat that level. But, well, two life lessons I’ve learned are: you cannot have everything/ not everything is meant for you! And: people are different (different perspectives, life experiences/circumstances, strengths, skills etc.) –> that results into life lesson one that you cannot have everything/ not everything is meant for you.

So, yes, H40 needs to be so difficult that it is only achievable for the top notch player and not for the common player. Does that mean only a fraction of the actual player-base will be able to beat that level? Yes. Is that a wrong approach of that game? No.

What is going on with all the snowflakes who demand that they have access to H40 because, for a strange reason, they think they have the right to do so?! I don’t get it…

What’s funny is that special infected in L4d series are all grey colored, but it’s extremely easy to spot them even on night maps. All cause of good sound cues that work and stand out silhouettes.

That’s because of the modern mindset: “He has this and that, so I should get this and that too.”
But as you already said, for some experiences, you either have to be born with a certain talent or train a lot—and even that doesn’t guarantee you’ll succeed.

Just because I like hiking and do a bit of climbing doesn’t mean Everest should be made smaller so that I can conquer it too.

Just because it works doesn’t mean it’s well designed.

Like you can make players have unlimited ammo, stamina and hp. Technically you will be able to launch the game and play it so you can consider it works.

Besides that, poorely designed OP things morph the game into arpg/mmo style where you fight against 40 000 crushers and flamers meatwaves relying on aoe screenclearing.

FS should fix OP stuff, tune down the amount of enemies and make them to be challenging mechanically not only through numbers. And after that the game will have established working rules so you can buff stuff to work inside that rule system.

In a perfect world it should be a one gigapatch. Dropping nerfs with no buffs will cause dramma.

Underpowered stuff in that regard doesn’t have a power to degenerate the core combat. It just sits in a c*ckchair and watches.

Removing Inferno Staff not going to happen, it’s part of the lore, and Psyker is already limited to its staff choices if not taking any other ranged weapon choices


Balance enthusiasts, could you please explain to me why the wall works so brilliantly? Visually, it should block up to the yellow border, but in reality it blocks up to the red one. And since it was recently ‘buffed’, it’s started letting trappers through with a high probability. Seriously, why on earth should I give up the divine dome for this rubbish?

The reason for this is that the wall has been extremely underused because the dome has been so OP for years. Now that the dome is a little bit less OP, and people actually pick the wall (like you did in order to find this out), these issues may be smoothed out due to user reports.

It was literally so unbalanced that nobody has been using it, at all, so there have been no user reports on bugs relating to it. You can see the bug section filling with bugs relating to the wall now, meaning diversity is actually being achieved and the game is getting better.

same reason you should give up that third wound after 4000 levels on a class.

The fact that there are as many as 40 levels of increasing difficulty in this mode doesn’t make you think that not everyone is supposed to be able to reach the maximum? And if there were 400 levels of increasing difficulty, would you still believe that a player who is merely above average (and nothing more) should be capable of handling level 400?

When I chose this game last summer, I didn’t have the slightest doubt that level 40 was meant exclusively for highly skilled players who have practically achieved zen.

And yes, theoretically it’s assumed that a player attempting H40 for the first time has already successfully worked their way from H16 to H39 without skipping a single difficulty level. And even before getting to H16, they should first have cleared Auric Maelstrom (which suggests that, originally, Auric Maelstrom was intended to be easier than H16 — and I’d argue that this is no longer the case at all)

What’s popularity got to do with it? The wall was used, but for some reason, until that brilliant patch with the Wastelands, you couldn’t shoot through it and the trapper would get you. And the bombers didn’t get through either; the only problems were with the dog and the mutant.
Why on earth should I care that the feedback is only coming in now? Why hasn’t this rubbish been tested, and why are you still harping on about the dome’s imbalance? Do you even use your brain? I’m being offered a choice between a piece of crap that doesn’t work and a weakened dome that works properly.
Where the hell is the logic?

its actually been an issue this entire time
its been doing this for this long, but no one used it (and used the bubble instead) so no one noticed until now so people didnt raise the alarm on it enough to bring attention to it for it to be fixed
youre proving his point

Don’t you get it at all? Okay, maybe it used to be like that, but when I was using it, I NEVER ONCE ENCOUNTERED THIS. Not once.
The real question is: why is the developer releasing a ‘reinforcement’ for the wall, or indeed any other feature, without testing it? And you keep going on about popularity or balance - do you even understand what I’m talking about or not?

I’LL SAY IT AGAIN in Japanese, maybe that’ll make it clearer.

まったく分かっていないんですか?以前はそうだったかもしれませんが、私が使っていた時は一度も、たった一度も、こんなことには遭遇しませんでした。0回です。
問題はそこじゃない。なぜ開発者は壁の「強化」や、他のどんな要素であれ、テストもせずにリリースするんだ?それなのに君は人気やバランスについてばかり言ってる。一体、俺が何を言ってるのか分かってないのか?

You seem extremely angry about everything. Have you considered taking a break from the forums and chilling out?

this is how he always acts

No, I’ve never seen it in ~800 hours after P13 launched, except twice when it just came out. Not exaggerating.

Why don’t you just answer the question properly? What does my aggression -or lack thereof have to do with anything? The question was: why is the wall so poorly implemented? And yes, I’m very glad that you apparently keep track of how I play, and that every day when I log in, you see what build I’m using and so on, but that’s completely irrelevant.
I’ll repeat the questions: why is the wall so poorly designed, and why do you keep actively asking to balance things that work, instead of asking to fix the things that are actually broken?

I already answered that, because nobody has been using it until now, because the dome was (probably still is) so OP, so they’ve been getting no feedback

One necessiates the other, and I’ve always asked for both. Fatshark needs be less lazy with balance patches and it’ll be less of a problem. They could’ve started with making the wall work properly too but I doubt anyone would care about it so long as the dome is the objectively correct choice anyway.

They did make it wider btw, and the cooldown shorter, so the attempt to make it more attractive was there. It wasn’t enough and it has some bugs, but they’re getting feedback now at least. In fact maybe the height of it seems bugged because the patch notes say

So maybe they made it wider hitbox, but scaled the model up, so now it’s only wider but looks taller but doesn’t match up with the visuals.

So yes I think you’re the one who is actively ignoring that they actually are actively making the wall better, too. It’s not “all nerfs no buffs”, that’s just selective reading on your behalf