Regarding balance changes in the forums

(Clickbait title) Considering a lot of people on the forums are angry since apparently all we wanna do is “nerf stuff only”, I’m making this thread with the objective that players leave buffs to the weaker stuff, so we can point those who claim “we only wanna nerf” to this thread

I’ll start with my biggest issue with one of my favourite weapons

Combat Axe

  • Slightly increase movement speed while charging heavy attacks (it really feels very very slow for a combat weapon)
  • Allow it to start “sprinting” during charging a heavy attack without the attack restarting to H1 (end result should be Duelling Sword like, where charging H2 and starting to hold the Sprint button doesn’t cancel it)
  • Make the Heavy attacks all have the same range (for example, H2 on Rashad 3 range is lower than H1)

Let’s keep this thread on the buff only aspect, I want this to be easy to share and a good way to show another angle to the average forum user

Anything goes, weapons, classes, abilities

Give crushers a weakpoint and a metric f*ckton of weaker weapons will be buffed so I’m gonna start with that.

Balancing the forum is probably the best idea I’ve ever read!:wink:

ehrmm:

  • Remove gold toughness completely .Put an end to the elite and special spam. Rebalance every aspect of the game, including player classes, enemies, the AI director (spawns), and weapons.
  • Since Fatshark will never be able to handle the massive task of turning my point 2 into a reality, expeditions seem like a decent place to start over.
  • Keeping in mind my third point, abandon all other game modes since they are all lost. Waste of time to be completly honest. Put the emphasis on expeditions and go all hands on deck on them with genuinely fun gameplay.

While the infantry lasgun buffs feel pretty good, especially the accuracy, they still could use a little more.

Reducing recoil and muzzle flashes, especially crits

Baking in hotshot at -60% hitmass to the weapon (with vets ranged cleave node, this would give it just enough cleave to punch through 1 elite on headshot, allowing it the potential to hit 2 with proper aim and investment)

:roll_eyes:

Its not necessarily a buff, but lot of the melee weapons could do with some differences in dodge distance, the +3% on most of them makes them feel rather uniform

I’m going to be honest, I think that would be a very bad thing to do. If the goal is to reduce enemy spam, this would do the exact opposite. Every ranged weapon would be able to nuke crushers super easily. You would have to MASSIVELY increase their health or spawn numbers to compensate.

I think reducing player AP and keeping crushers as they are would be better. Or if something has to be changed, (if its feasibly possible), make a hitzone that is flak for melee weapons but still carapace for ranged.

For buffs, I like the MK4 Chainsword’s moveset but its still a pretty pathetic weapon. They did give it a new heavy strikedown, but it still needs some help. While damage across the board would be nice, my biggest problem with it is that it’s single target loop uses push attack and it’s light attack strikedowns, and yet these deal practically 0 damage to carapace and have an abhorrent Maniac modifier. If the light attacks had a similar Carapace ADM to something like Tac Axe it would start to feel a lot better imo.

Also make the activate shred much faster, to still be useful but distinguish itself from other chain weapons. If not that, increase it’s damage to be usable.

  • Make “rack the bolt” animations, both on bolter and Helbore, happen only ONCE after reload. The current state of things is not how guns work, even in 40k.
  • Add a Helbore mark without a charging mechanics, so it acts like a semi-automatic DMR
  • Improve mobility stats and general responsiveness on the OG Ogryn shovel so it’s closer to Cleavers, it’s a 1h weapon
  • Actually wait…yes CHAIN weapons, there is still some weird junk related to how they fail to connect all together or refuse to perform the activated attack. Investigate and fix.

Things I wanted buffed and are, in fact, getting buffs this patch:

Infantry Lasguns
Twin Linked Stubbers
Thammer unpowered
Power Falchion
Ripper Guns
Heavy Sword

Things I still want buffed:

Achlys combat axe (i dunno what yet)
Braced Autoguns (please give 3 instead of 2 dodges, maybe a hair better per bullet damage)

Things I’m looking at:

Pickaxe crusher oneshots with every buff on the planet is not working even in auric, seems sad.
Ogryn weapons in general

I think, if crushers numbers stay exactly where they are, having a 10% chance to spawn with an exposed body part or an infested bodypart would reduce the preponderance of “need armor cracker” gating on builds. An alternative is to bring down spawn rates a bit more and normalize them a bit. Right now they’re quite prone to spikes and dips in spawn density across multiple games.

Edit:
I also like that the buffs were fairly constrained. We’re seeing buffs more frequently and it’d be nice if we could continue to see smaller numbers tweaks that drag balance into a more sane place with less flailing.

I’m thinking keeping the weakpoint (head) carapace but putting a damage multiplier for melee on it, that way carapace damage perks on weapons will still have a place.

Yes this is what I’d like most

Another thing, not really a buff…yet very important for me, weapon FUN factor:

  • Either improve or never ever again make such poor weapon animations and/or poor selection of attack combos as we currently have on such weapons as Heavy Swords, melee attacks on Grenade Gauntlet, “I AM A CHAIN AXE ,HONEST” light attacks on chain axe Mk XII, and few other melee weapons I cannot be bothered to list
  • General shooting experience on many weapons just doesn’t feel great, but I’m cutting you some slack, because I know you have never done a proper FPS game in your life. Poor audio / visual experience, no interesting recoil patterns to learn, terrible las guns experience

Yes, please.

no nerfs or buffs can save this game man. either fatshark keeps up what they’ve been doing for 3+ years and ranged enemies/specials remain the only dangerous enemies or they implement the nerfs that all the pro-nerf people want and lower enemy density and now nothing is dangerous, since enemy density is the only way anything in this game can be dangerous

I think the Vigilant Autogun line could use a major increase in its anti-armor damage and a higher head priority than it currently has.

And it should have a mark with an actual sight on it.

Could just be chance to spawn with the infested armor cranial head I guess, they already have it modeled. Just not with the explosion.

But yeah them being normalized I think is the better option. Alongside huge waves of gunners. I would much rather fight 5 gunners and 5 crushers in a room rather than 10 of 1.

Personally my pipe dream is I would love to see a Crusher equivalent that is an infested armor type. It’s super underused in the game already, and would make Dreg seeds more interesting than just spamming Dreg Ragers everywhere.

I do think enemy density still needs to be high (at least in Havoc 40), but it just wouldn’t have to be as massive of armor waves that we have now. Will it happen? No, and if it did I don’t think FS would be able to find the right balance anyways.

what is the point of this? if you make crusher heads flak you might as well make the entire crusher flak, since heads are so easy to hit in darktide. any nerf to uncanny strike/other rending sources (which i assume you want) would be completely pointless if crusher heads were flak. on top of a reduction in crusher numbers, crushers would be even less of a threat than they are now, especially since people would just take other damage increasing blessings like precog/relentless strikes, even if they were nerfed.

not to mention the pointless complexity of having 6 different armour types and armour types that can differ depending on which weapon type is hitting the body part.

  • Give tac axes a 100% cleave blessing.
  • Give all stab attacks with swords the same Armor pen as DS IV heavies. That would be Cat sword push attack (on mk V I think?), Turtolsky Push attack (on mk II?), Ogrin cleaver light stack stab.
  • Give Illisi Force Sword more than one attack (seriously all attacks are the same on that sword, just varying in from which side the come).
  • Bring out additional marks for combat shotguns that always only load special shells.
  • Apply more stacks of fire at once with Fire combat shotgun and increase the cap.
  • Let zealot immolation grenade apply normal burning (6 stacks or more)
  • Give the electrocuted status effect (of shock mauls) the damage over time effect of charged blade.
  • Give vet more additively stacking 10% toughness damage reduction skills. Or a nice 20% base damage reduction skill that is easy to keep up.
  • Buff coherency regeneration to keep up with the inflated toughness pools and implement skills that modify it.
    • (Zealot: enemies count toward coherency regeneration)
    • (Veteran: incoming ranged damage does not pause coherency regeneration)

And I just went on a spree of messing with some weapons I haven’t touched in a while :grinning_face:

Combat Axe:

  • Decapitator Blessing decays one at a time. Oh boy does it snowball hard and makes this weapon feel amazing when its up
  • More cleave across most of the vanguard hits, 1-2 more just so it clears chaff faster
  • More multiplier against maniac and unyielding. I don’t want to take +25% maniac but I feel its necessary based on playing it. Feels strangely anemic against softer targets

Chain weapons:

  • While in special rev animation, your character is in a blocking status. Seeing that dodging out of specials costs stamina, this should still require plenty of risk/reward evaluation from the player

Chainsword:

  • Remove (or reduce in half or more) the stamina penalty for dodging out of special, it might make sense on the other chain weapons but the chain sword should have a hit and run playstyle in comparison
  • Special ticks should occur faster, so that the whole rev attacks ends maybe 20-30% faster to reinforce using the special
  • Grant it Counterattack blessing (Gain attack speed on perfect block) or some toughness on block blessing because this weapon’s only option against sword captains is to block the 4-combo in my experience
  • Arbities Break the Line ability should not undo the revved up status

Devil Claw:

  • Parry needs more carapace ADM because of the crusher HP increase

Heavy Sword:

  • Grant it Shred (crit on chained attacks) so I can maximize perfect strike more, and cleave through crusher hordes more consistently

Vigilant Autoguns:

  • Combine Ghost (immune to ranged attacks on weakspot hit) and Between the Eyes (immune to supression on weakspot hit) into a single blessing
  • More base ammo. Its economy is tragic for what it offers

Infantry Lasgun:

  • Reduce its sprint cost by like 66%. Disregard if I misread the incoming patch notes and its included

Double barrel shotgun:

  • If enough pellets hits a non-mutant special, it instantly kills it.

Judgement Shotpistol:

  • Blocking should not interrupt the reload

Reduce enemy numbers and bump their ranged damage to the point that suppression, stagger, and other things not SOLELY based on TTK become viable avenues - or a zealot can buy enough time for the whole team to cross an open area with gunners by spraying some automatic fire or shotgun blasts in their direction, and this is vital compared to just shooting them (you may end up suppressed, or just overwhelmed by enemy fire, but you can suppress them without being shot from three other angles by the other random gunners the game currently spams out). This would reduce the efficacy of melee slide-spam builds and indirectly do things like make walls more viable (easier to ID the direction the fire is coming from).

For buffs - heavy evi, chain axes, and chainswords need… something. Part of me thinks drawing down enemy numbers severely would be enough since the revs would then have less risk for the same reward, but some innate bleed like how the mauls electroshock people may be a good idea on top of that.

cole is that you?