r/DarktideArkham

Is there a lore reason for Zola not getting the Orthus Offensive approved by Rannick? Is she stupid?

2 Likes

Hotheaded; Personal involvement; Risky but had it worked the plan would have given a shot at the highest named heretic in the Scab

3 Likes

To be honest, this whole thread was just supposed to be a silly joke aimed at anyone that might also be on the Batman Arkham subreddit - but I am still VERY curious about what Zola has to know in regards to Wolfer.

3 Likes

Zola was probably Wolfer’s main squeeze! :heart_decoration: :rose: :couplekiss_man_woman: :baby_bottle: :baby:

1 Like

I think they have a common relationship, like Zola’s childhood friend being with Wolfer, or having saved Wolfer or something

1 Like

Throne, if they really were lovers and ended up having a kid… I would hope that the kid hasn’t turned traitor like their dad has.

1 Like

With the new Orthus Offensive dialogue between Rannick and Zola, a personal connection between Wolfer and Zola becomes increasingly apparent.

There’s a voice line from Zola in one of the Carnival missions that’s an outright confession that she’s ex-Water Cartel, so there’s a chance that the two might’ve crossed paths there.

1 Like

The “lore” reason is that they don’t know what they’re doing and the writer’s work they baited us with doesn’t work in this format in the slightest. There’s no perceivable structure to any of the missions we’re provided hence story takes a backseat – yet another concession of the GaaS “retention”.

Actual in-world reasoning:

I’d also hardly be surprised if Grendyl is more of a Radical as the “warband” – Morrow’s own word – does operate in a chaotic fashion. There’s a hierarchy, but it only seems to go so far. Most of the retinue seem to operate with individualistic goals and only pay lip service to “rank”.

3 Likes

she just a lil silly

3 Likes

Grendyl’s warband is just that, a Warband. It’s not a Guard regiment, it’s not a Chamber Militant like a Sororitas convent, etc. In function, the warband operates like an organized crime outfit or something like Wagner. Personalities are given responsibilities but not necessarily clear organizational titles/roles, lanes are poorly defined, internal competition and divisiveness are a feature. Discipline is a matter of pleasing the boss not adhering to organizational rules and values. If someone goes off and does something and it works, great, Gold Star, their prestige rises. If they go off and do something and it fails then something unpleasant is likely to happen.

That said, Rannick is probably the most capable leader in the organization given his dialogue with Zola, he comes across as extremely competent and aware.

5 Likes

Zola’s a very silly girl :fist::pensive:

2 Likes

I read that in Rick James’ voice.

2 Likes

One could even say that Zola might be a Super Freak.

2 Likes

This sounds as traditional Inquisition as you can get lol.

I will say the biggest thing pointing Grendel being some sort of radical is a large use of unsanctioned Psykers. It’s easily arguable that they are not worth deploying in this amount as suddenly there could be a full blown demon invasion on Tertium, not to mention the risk to individual strike teams. Another Inquisitor could, and would probably be right to, attempt to prosecute Grendel in some way.

Lore nerding aside I assume that won’t be an issue as having psykers in the game is cool, and I personally don’t really have a problem with it.

I am curios as to what the joke could be.

1 Like

I’ll have to explain it, I don’t think that there’s many Batman Arkham kinsmen on here.

The formula is “is there a lore reason for (dumb question about a character)” followed by “are they stupid?”

For example: “Is there a lore reason for why Batman doesn’t just call the Justice League for help? Is he stupid?”

1 Like

I’m not sure if thats an Arkham exclusive joke tbf. I think more so the reason people aren’t getting it is that Zola is, in fact, stupid lol.

1 Like

Definitely not anymore, but it originated in the Arkham Aslume.

Nooooo, Zola’s just a very silly girl :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Stand back, I am beginning to jonk off.

2 Likes

Guys, a Mutant just aggroed the Daemonhost by throwing me at it, which Arkham quote should I use?

2 Likes

They had two children together, the Karking twins, which is why Zola tried to do the mission without Rannik’s knowledge so that she could bring her children back to the light side of the force.

:supervillain: :angel: :person_fencing: :space_invader: :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

1 Like