Question About Solo Play & Mods

1. Are mods allowed? I don’t want to get banned because I used a mod to play solo w/ bots.
  2. Is there a mod that does solo play & allows progression? I think Many More Try was pointed too has being one, but I can’t tell.

Normally, I’m all for mods not allowing progression, since you can godmode, tweak weapons, etc. But as Fatshark still have not allowed us to just play with only bots when not in at least a party of 2, and I’m sick of Solo YOLOs with Main Character Syndrome expecting me to be an NPC that supports their speedrun attempts; I feel a mod ONLY allowing solo/bot play should allow progression.

EDIT: Ignore post below. I am likely wrong, and working with outdated information. MMT does not disable progression, but solo is no longer possible with it. My apologies.

MMT does allow progression. Its doesn’t work with tertium 5 or true solo qol though.

Regular damnation is very doable with just bots but its very sweaty.

The /solo mod with all the quality of life including customising your mission types doesn’t have progression.

I have not tried tertium 5 mod yet.

1 Like

my bad I got that mixed up

1 Like

I’m kind of confused.
I’ve seen threads saying MMT allows solo play (By which I mean me & 3 bots), but the mod author himself says it does NOT allow solo play…

I even get an error stating I have to be in a strike team for solo play. Yet all info I could gather (Aside from the mod author himself) stated ManyMoreTry allowed solo play with progression.

Wish Fatshark would just allow playing with 3 bots.

It does allow it. It’s inconsistent, and often doesn’t load missions from my attempts, but it does work though its been a while since I’ve used it for that so if something changed in the December patch then maybe I’m wrong and you need at least one other person like private queue.

I’ve personally only been using the solo mod with no progression so I can test builds in true solo since I’ve reached a point where I don’t really need more gear.

EDIT: Cannot get it to work, but I did not get any of those error messages. Regardless I’m revising my posts. This does seem like something petty FS would crack down on.

EDIT 2: @Harridas Seems I was the one that was wrong. My bad there. It doesn’t disable progression, but it just doesn’t let you solo queue anymore unless I’m doing something wrong.

there are some cheating mods and i still havent got banned so

Either way, to answer OP’s questions:

1. Yea mods are allowed
  2. There’s a mod to play solo, but it doesn’t allow progression since it’s an offline instance like being in the Psykhanium.

There’s a couple more mods for solo play in the description too, check it out.

Thanks for the info.
I don’t get why Fatshark does not allow 1 player with 3 bots, when 2 players with 2 bots is perfectly fine.
It’s an arbitrary restriction with 0 valid reasons behind it that I can think of.

Bad management or greed is the most likely answer I’d guess. They don’t want to allocate server resources to solo players but don’t want to allow offline play + progression since that’d allow the possibility for cheating.

2 Likes

Well they also had a fully functional solo with bots system in VT2 that was great, and won’t port it over to this one even, or pay the modders who already have it working in Darktide.

My guess is they think it will force players to bring in friends? I can’t imagine that actually does this. Only reason I played VT2 as long as I did was because I played with bots long after my friends lost interest.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.