Put solo in the game Devs. You’re gonna get more sales like do you not want more money?

Man, you should take some reading comprehension classes. Hedge only said: “No plans for a truly offline mode, no. This is an online coop game.” Which is not the same thing as “there will never be a solo w/ bots”.

Additionally, someone shared this: “Aqshy said on discord “Just because the press release didn’t have bot support, doesn’t mean the launch release won’t.”” and linked to the discord message.

Then in Nov 2022, Aqshy said:

The only thing we’ve heard since was: “it’s taking a bit more time than we thought,” followed by “we’re not happy with it,” and lastly is “Not a priority.” Back in October 2023.

No where did Fatshark ever say “the server architecture is too complex for Solo mode.”

Edit: Keep in mind “locally hosting” =/= “true offline”

I think you’re the one lacking reading comprehension. By ‘solo mode,’ they mean playing alone with bots online (which was added a while ago), not offline like you were asking for. But if you want a more direct answer, you can always go ask on Discord to see what they tell you.

No, by “solo mode” we mean “lauching a private mission with you + 3 bots” which is still not in the game. You can do this in every other game in this genre (with or without bots) it’s not rocket science

you also can differentiate between playing selfhosted (no server involved for gameplay, effectively “offline” gameplay) and the concept of playing “offline” as in without an internet connection

you two should clarify these terms and think about what hedge meant before you argue here. for context in vt2 you could play solo selfhosted (effectively “offline” by one definition) but you still needed an internet connection to even log in.

And if they also said they had no future plans for that, and there is absolutely no news or update indicating they are working on it, what do you think that means?

They never said they have no future plans. They’ve literally only said “it’s not a priority” and priorities change. You’re living in an alternate reality man.

This is exactly what we ask from them
484 replies, 5 months of keeping the thread alive seem not enough…

Sure… it is so hard to write an official answer. As I said, they had only 5 years to work on this. So, they surely begin to discuss about it…
They should have discussed before promising it.

i kinda took it to mean “not until we change our minds” which really is a bit of a copout, it would be nice of them to explain what changed that suddenly makes it “not a priority” because the cited reason was something like the game being a co-op focused game. but it was that when they promised a solo mode already so i dont think it’s an actual sufficient explanation

Yeah this is the thing.

You don’t go from ‘going to definitely ship after launch’ to ‘uhhhh not a priority’ without owing the people you promised stuff to some explanation.

Maybe @Aqshy can give us some insight, unless she’s got a NDA about all that.

Aqshy is no longer with the company. She left shortly after Darktide launched iirc. It’s sad, but Strawhat and Aqshy were the only CMs who communicated outside of Announcement posts and they’re both gone

Given the state of the game at release, it’s realistically possible that Solo Mode genuinely wasn’t a priority over fixing broken systems and shoring up the core experience. That being said, they’ve added three new game modes (Havoc, Mortis, Expeditions) and soon to be 3 new classes. They also reworked the campaign to actually have a linear storyline. Solo Mode not being a priority no longer makes sense

The post with ‘it’ll be done with or right after launch’ is from her. Hence why I’m asking.

It’d be nice for Fatshark to be able to openly state why they’re not doing Solo Mode but the company refuses to explain itself on an institutional level.

MFW I’m indescribably wrong but think I’m unassailably right, probably because I used google AI or something:

Yeah, I have an NDA I’m afraid, and I’m two (?) years removed at this point, so I have as much insight as all of you.

2 years removed and still giving more information (“I have an NDA”) than Fatshark. This is why you’re the GoaT.

A shame, but understandable, and at least you’re saying.. literally anything. That’s already four steps above the current team.

Eh not that I have a dog in the fight, but that’s usually corpo talk for “not gonna happen” (as murderer said 1st IIRC). Sure priorities can change, but if I were a betting man and had to wager I’d say that means very slim at best.

Then they can say that. It’s been almost 3 years since they told us it’s not a priority. If it was just corpo speak for “not gonna happen” they would keep telling us “it’s not a priority” when we ask. Instead they just don’t reply at all. Which, I agree, likely means they scrapped it and won’t say it. Which is part of my beef with Fatshark. Plans change, kark happens, nbd. But communicate that. I wouldn’t tell one of our customers that a part was coming, and then just never deliver it without any explanation. Idk why people think a game company doing that is ok

You’re not wrong, pal, but corpo is as corpo does, and ofc it’s beyond maddening.

After the CN Steam neg review brigading it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re a lot more nebulous in the future.

This is the crappy timeline we live in, 'till Loki decides to spare us the insanity.

They didn’t promise that; they promised what they’ve put out so far, which is a private match with bots and 2 players. And every time they are asked for something purely solo, they just say it’s a co-op online game. Do they really still not understand what people mean?