Soulflame / Warpfire stacks max out at 16. This is known in the community per developer comments and patch notes, as well as in-game items. For example, my friend, MilesHighwind, has a well-rolled Purgatus Staff (‘Image A’) with an 80% BURN modifier that says the max stacks are 16, of which he only has 15 stacks. This leads to the 1st bug/issue here -
Even at maximum modifier value (80%), he is somehow not at 16 stacks. Some may be thinking the remaining ‘20%’ value not obtainable on the weapons yet is the reason why, but this should not be the case as any other weapon reports its specific damage/number values proportional to how close the modifier is to 80%, meaning that a modifier at 80% value should obtain the final reported specific damage/numeric value for that modifier. For example, see ‘Image C’ on how the ‘Stopping Power’ modifier at 80% reports the full damage values for that corresponding stat. This is consistent across the board in Darktide, except for this reported bug.
Knowing the above, 1st issue, leads me to the 2nd bug/issue here -
I have a near-perfect Purgatus Staff (‘Image B’) with 80% burn that is not only reporting my max stacks erroneously at 15 (same as Issue #1, above), but on my Staff, for whatever reason, it is suggesting that the maximum stacks are 15, with no mention whatsoever that the maximum stacks are 16. Somehow, even though both mine and my friend’s staves are at 80% BURN modifiers, my staff is reporting it can only go up to 15 stacks (wrong) whereas his can go up to 16 (correct max stacks, although neither of us can seemingly reach ‘16’ at 80% BURN modifier). The fact that both staves are reporting different maximum stacks, regardless of whether both staves have a max BURN modifier of 80%, is a different bug compared to Issue #1.
Steps to Reproduce:
Obtain Purgatus staves with varying rolls, specifically 80% BURN modifiers, then compare the detail breakdown of the BURN modifier. Both mine and my friend’s accounts have the staves in question.
Mission Name (If Applicable):
all missions (bug relates to weapon)
*Player ID (mine, my friend’s):
Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone: