Purgation Flamer's Hip-fire attack doesn't light up surroundings in Power Supply Interruption

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
The hip-fire attack on the flamer doesn’t light up the surrounding area in the dark.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Equip flamer.
  2. Join a Power Supply Interruption mission.
  3. Try hip-firing in the dark.

Platform:
[Steam]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
Hip-fire:

Braced:

3 Likes

Made this post out of curiosity of it being intended or not, because for example the Psyker’s Purgatus staff does light up the environment with its hip-fire attack.

if i recall the beta correctly originally the braced fire didn’t light anything up either, so i assume since they fixed only that it was intended? could be wrong.

1 Like

No lightning source on hip-fire. Probably bug?

2 Likes

It does seem inconsistent. We’ll take a look at this, thanks!

2 Likes

I would argue that although a novel and fun idea, Power Supply Interruption modifier implementation is incredibly overkill, frustratingly dark and really just excessive for everyone that’s not just looking for a reason to justify their $6K ray tracing pc purchase (and suffer the well-documented performance bugs to go along with it.)

There should be reduced light and some dark areas

Edit: … but not the entire level. That’s just eye-strain-inducing.

I think that there should just be a faster rotation between modifiers, because while you and other people may not enjoy it, there’s people like me and my friends that do. and I’m running this on a 2070 super and one of them runs it on a 1060 gtx laptop. one of the reasons I made this post is that I can enjoy it even more and not to excessively waste more ammo on my flamer to help us see better in the dark.

I just think weapons need some extensive customization options instead of limiting it to just a bash or something else, not everyone would be willing to switch to infantry autoguns or kantraels just so they can see in the dark. especially on damnation where some of the viable options currently are the agripinaa braced autogun or bolters which neither have a flashlight. and also that ogryns don’t have any of their own light sources doesn’t really help the situation either.

They could also add flashlight attachments to penance armor or peddler shop cosmetics, which let you just play whatever weapon you wish to play without changing special action of the weapon itself. there’s a lot of ways to address this issue honestly.