Psyker Lightning - Thicker Bolt = more cool

I was really enjoying playing the Psyker. I liked the lightning staff a great deal, but I wasn’t 100% happy with it’s animation. It was a lot of small bolts… and I wanted big bolts.

Okay, this isn’t really a big deal except as feel… but I still want big thick MANLY CHAD LIGHTNING to chain from enemy to enemy.

Here’s some pictures I stole off the internet.

This is a brainburst, good photo. Love this animation, just wish I could get these off more often. Call down lightning from the heavens to smite the foe.
Darktide-Burst-Psyker.

But use a staff and you can hit many.

Still, not crazy about the look. Comes off as sith lightning like Palpataine used.

When I release the power of the warp… I want bigger screen candy.

I’m thinking something like this, mostly the same effect on target… but a really cool GIANT ELECTRIC ARC. Not little webbing. Just a giant kaboom stream.

Now, TBH, this could just be a skin… but I really want it. Big Bolts. If it’s a skin, or even a different model, (IE, Lightning staff XII instead of X.)

2 Likes

I didn’t realize it until now that I’m thinking it…but I love this. Psyker was my ‘main’ during beta, and I think the surge staff is my favorite…it was just missing SOMETHING.

Functionally, I didn’t think anything was wrong with it, it just felt too…kiddie? Making a chonkier steam of zap would be cool. Something like how the purge staff shoots white fire, make the lightning different.

Fantastic idea.