[Psyker] Give the Laspistol push special to Force Staves

Exactly what the title says.
While using a Laspistol, I get this super handy telekinetic push special to knock back enemies and give me breathing room to shoot them some more.
While using any Force Staff, I get this pathetic staff whack that does next to no damage and takes way too long to swing to be an effective staggering tool.
Let me telekinetically push people away while using the staves designed to enhance my psychic powers.

5 Likes

Yeah I think many of the Ranged melee attacks need to be examined. They should all feel like a half-step below a real weapon. (Meaning Ranged melee strikes should basically have the same base DPS of an actual melee weapon with similar attribute rating. The disadvantage being your perks/blessings probably won’t affect those strikes, so it’ll always be slightly worse than a dedicated melee weapon.)

I also wouldn’t be against the push on Force Staves.

I do think it’s more exciting if either (A) at high peril or (B) after recently quelling peril into the staff, it energizes with energy and does great melee damage for a while.

1 Like

I’d love to see the staff melee actually use Peril as “ammo” for empowered damage.

As in, You hit 100% peril and start whacking mobs with the staff for decent damage to reduce Peril on each hit instead of Quelling.

Don’t know why they didnt think to put different attacks on each Mouse1 and Special for more variety, considering all the guns have complicated nuisances and similar names I can only think they didnt want to confuse the Psyker class with any more buttons to press… But the reality is the M1 and Special are inferior to the M2 and Melee weapon so I literally considered rebinding these keys to ones I need closer to hand like the Brain Burst (now on special) but the M1 conflicts with the melee weapon so stuck with it. Then when changing class I have to remember to unbind these… (will have to check this laspistol push any other weapon specials only for psyker !?
)