[Psyker Feats/Kit] In desperate need of a redesign!

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
I’m calling this a bug because it is embarrassingly terrible to play. This class, as it is designed, is the opposite of fun to play as. Psyker’s kit feels bad to use. Period. It is unintuitive and provides zero incentive to make use of the Warp Charge mechanic as it currently exists. Generating 1 charge on kill is not good gameplay. You had it perfectly set up with Sienna to generate stacks of anything using heat %. WHY would you move away from that?

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play a Psyker, realize that in any given scenario, you’re forced to do nothing but Brain Burst and quell perils for the entire run to even remotely make your whole kit do anything at all.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
ALL missions.

Platform:
ANY platform

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
At ALL times.

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
I don’t even need to post photographic evidence. Just look at the “Feats” tab for Psyker and realize what an injustice you’ve committed. The talents and the passives are an atrocity, and a shameful step in the wrong direction for a “magic” character.

Upload Console Log:
Don’t need to upload anything. It’s based on your current design of the character, not my logs.

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
As with “console log” explanation.

Additional Notes:
FatShark, I’m not trying to belittle you here. But you’re treating us like we’re stupid. I could extensively redesign all of the passives, special abilities and feat trees to be fair, balanced and FUN in my sleep! And I’m only a lowly former-QA tester! YOU guys are the professionals! Please start acting like it. Do you hate fun? Is that why? I don’t understand. Games are SUPPOSED to be fun, not a chore. Stop turning a passionate hobby into a hateful descent into bitterness. You know better.

5 Likes

I know it’s not a bug, but the state of play with the psyker is pretty dire at level 30. I’ve been trying to unlock penances for maintaining warp stacks and I’m reduced to a burden on the team.

There are some really good suggestions out there Fatshark; please take heed, the current mechanics are unsustainable

3 Likes

The fact that you’ve listed this as “not-a-bug” is pretty disappointing. It feels like no one playtested Psyker at all. You took the Sienna concept, and went ENTIRELY in the opposite direction. Sienna is fun, this is not. Not even close.

Playing Psyker feels like having a 2nd job. No one makes use of Brain Burst except to debuff a boss mob. Everyone is either in melee or using the staffs because they cannot stand how Psyker is designed. Almost ALL of the Feat talents you’ve created are BB centric, and we all hate it.

By all means, take a poll. You’ll see.