Private Lobbies

+1
Probably will refund, too if there is no way to play only with my friends. I just don‘t want to play with anyone I don‘t know.

5 Likes

Adding my voice to this topic. Fatshark please update us on if there will be private lobbies or not.

5 Likes

I really hope it’s good news, but hey if it’s not then I’ll get my money back and maybe they’ll reconsider later one.

3 Likes

If they wanna withhold information like this thats fine. If 6 months down the road they add the feature it’ll be too late by then. I’m a petty person so I just won’t buy it. I’m one person and normally I wouldn’t put in so much effort for something, but I really wanted play this game since its announcement.

4 Likes

Just adsing another voice ro this, made an account to do so. Its absurd that in 2022 private lobbies are not standard. Sometimes i don’t want to play with random sonics that just want to speed run. Private lobbies are a must, if they are not expected at launch at least tell us so and if/when they will be implemented.

5 Likes

I made a account to join in and say we have to have private lobbies.

3 Likes

Partially unrelated, partially not, but I do see that a majority stake in them was taken out by Tencent last year that seems to have flown under the radar, so while I don’t like to make excuses or point fingers, it would kind of ‘fit’ into that companies narrative. Didn’t even know till a friend mentioned it due to the game being listed as being both developed and published by Fatshark, but a quick google shows where the money flows.

Damn I didn’t even know that. That actually explains a lot. Wellp, rip obese fish.

1 Like

Untitled
Here is pertinent info from the reddit as well. We need to wait until tonight.

5 Likes

Came here from Reddit to add my voice to the thread.

Private lobbies / bot matches are essential. I enjoy the gameplay (when I’m not a psyker) but I’m a 40k nerd at the end of the day! Sometimes I just want to explore the hive city and immerse myself in the world. The art direction in this game is incredible. It’s such a shame I’m forced to sprint past it all.

I will quickly grow bored of this game if I’m forced to rush through every level to keep up with random tryhards. This will determine if I continue to play or not.

4 Likes

Just saying, it’s currently 8:45 PM in Sweden. “Tonight” might not be that far away.

1 Like

I’m hoping that “tonight” we’ll finally get this simple question answered. A simple yes or no would make me happy, they don’t even have to go into detail.

1 Like

Will we be able to refund if we’ve been playing the beta? I thought if you played for more than two hours it’d get rejected. Though it’s sure as hell gonna feel like they misled us by withholding this info until the refund window runs out…

3 Likes

No you can refund even over 2 hours, someone else on here was able to. Even if you don’t think you can go ahead and try worst that happens is you get rejected and move on. Since this isn’t released yet you should be good. I believe it’s 2 hours playtime and 14 days after purchase from the day the game actually releases. Since it’s in beta that hasn’t kicked in yet.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve said a few times but the short answer is playtime and purchase date doesn’t matter as long as it’s before the actual release date. I don’t know how game time factors in once it releases if you played before release but the two hours and 2 weeks rule only applies from the date of release.

I hope they answer positively, I will immediately buy it again if they do.

2 Likes

Just saw the community update. Some good news, unfortunately won’t be in at launch.

But at least they acknowledged it.

1 Like

From the community update: Steam :: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide :: Community Update #1: Pre-Order Beta Hotfix 1.0.6

Now we are confident in our Dedicated Servers, we would like to take the time and answer those recurring couple of questions that remain; “Can I play Darktide solo?”, “Can I play a private game with one or two of my friends?”.

The answers will be Yes, and Yes.

We’ve been working on an option to play exclusively in Solo Mode, where you will be hosting locally your own instance with bots. Because you will be hosting the AI and other game systems locally, this will increase performance cost. However, we continue to monitor and improve the performance where we can. Solo play is in its final stages of testing as we fix the last issues that remain. We aim to release this at Launch. If not, a patch shortly after that in December.

We have recently begun implementing Private Games as an option, and we’re in the middle stages of development for this. When launched, you can start a private game with 2-4 of your friends. We expect to be able to release this later in December.

We heard your feedback on these topics and needed some time to investigate the solutions we had available to us. We hope you enjoy these features when released and welcome further input on them.

10 Likes

We did it, even if this was being worked on I’m glad everyone here put some pressure on even if small. Thank you Fatshark for giving us a definite answer. It’s a shame we won’t see it till December but it’s coming faster then I thought.

2 Likes

Glad to see they’re working on this. I hope the private missions allow you to choose what map and difficulty you’re playing on, as the current mission system is rather restrictive.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’ve been trying to get my friends to buy this with me, but there’s no point if we can’t really do it together

2 Likes