Can we get confirmation on private groups before the game is released?

I still have no idea whether I can play with 1-2 of my friends and exclude anyone else from filling the party, just like how it worked in Vermintide 1 and 2. I don’t care if the bots suck, we just want to play at our own pace.

Fatshark has been suspiciously silent on this. I’d really just like a simple yes or no.

Can’t even rely on the pre-order beta to determine if this feature is supported or not because of the latest news that it isn’t “feature complete”.

This is absolutely critical information for those of us that do not have a full 4-man squad but do not like being forced to play with randoms.

34 Likes

Yeah I would really like to know this too. Having the option to spice things up with trio or duo runs would be great. Heck, give us the option to go in without bots as well, true solos and duos were pretty popular in V2 but you had to either shoot your bots to death or use kill bots command in modded.

9 Likes

I’m one of those people. I rarely have a full group of players, and do not enjoy the environment of public games.

I’ll agree that the silence has been deafening. This is an incredibly simple yes-or-no question. All it’s done is given me the suspicion that there aren’t private lobbies, and they’re only holding back a statement to avoid the bad press and lost sales from confirming as much.

10 Likes

Definitely would love an answer to this as well.

I usually play just with my gf, and while we don’t mind playing with randoms if we have to, setting our lobby to private would be much more preferable - since we like to play at our own pace and explore.
(she also likes to stop from time to time to admire the enviroment/architecture, so you can see why that would be a bit complicated in a team full of random rushers lol)

7 Likes

Just treat player that joined as bot. You probably sit on Discord with your friends and have in-game voice muted (we do) so it’s like bot anyway. It can just run away more.

But obviously I support your claim. I would take bot Bardin Ironbreaker over most players on pugs in Cata :smiley: from my experience (though that’s with mod)

3 Likes

I agree. They really should come out and say it. My opnion, and i know i am not the only one, is that if you cannot host private games with your friends and only your friends it is a complete dealbreaker. It could be the greatest game ever made or the worst or anywhere in between. No private games and my interest drops to 0 imediately.

5 Likes

Yeah, this is a big deal for me as well. I have a very specific few people that I enjoy playing with and rarely are we able to have enough at once for a full group. I don’t like dealing with randos who inevitably go full Rambo, rush ahead at full-speed, sweat profusely, and try to kill everything on the map because they want to feel successful at something for once in their lives.

Especially since they’re taking mods away, having private lobbies in the base game is very nearly a make-or-break issue.

6 Likes

i can tell you after launch if that helps? :wink:

1 Like

Alright, so I poked around the Darktide discord a bit and this is the only newest response so far I found from Hedge on the topic of private lobbies (from 3rd November)

lobby

Guessing/hoping it’s still being worked on, since it’s not an outright ‘no’ or denial? Or am I being too high on hopium here? :smile:

They’re deliberately being vague or rather silent on that topic and many others in order to not spook people and trigger a refund wave until release. After so many years I’ve gotten used to expect the worst from FS and it generally checks out. For every seemingly good action they manage to do two or three worse. It feels like the entire game will be a giant monkey paw.

3 Likes

I suppose my only question would be to the folks who say this is concerning to them, has it actually kept you from preordering? Because if not, it’s a moot point. The gaming industry’s PR system is like a woman, anything other than a solid “Yes,” signed in triplicate and notarized before the court is a “no.”

3 Likes

I think it is the job of Hedge to answer vaguely in case something is got changed.

I have refrained from pre ordering for several reasons, lack of info about running private groups being one of probably 3 major reasons. The other 2 being the lack of info on whether or not post release classes will be monetised, and lastly seeming lack of concern by FS for allowing any kind of solo play, or at least not making it clear if it will be possible/how it will work.

If I get really desperate I might pre-order to try the beta then refund by release if I’m not sold on it/all that info still hasn’t been shared by FS.

2 Likes

Add three to the tally of refunds if the game launches without this. We like to actually enjoy the level designers work. 3 without a bot is better than 4 with a random for us, and we will gladly move on to other titles if such a bad decision is made.

We put thousands of hours and many a dollar into cosmetics for Vermintide 2 because it let us play the way we want. If that is taken away and we are forced out of our immersion to constantly have to compensate for a 4th player, then there will be no point in owning the game.

7 Likes

Solid response. Thanks. Looking forward to some feedback from the release today. I can hear the gamer in the back of my mind clamoring for something new. But the adult in there keeps overruling him with “it’s just a game.” For me, I just want it to be good. 40k is my favorite setting in all of fiction. However, in my 40s now, with limited time to game, I will choose a great game that’s not 40k over my favorite genre if it’s mediocre. Adulting sucks sometimes.

1 Like

+1, fatshark will private lobbies be possible?

I ASSUME yes but it is worth asking.

Playing with randoms is very undesirable.

5 Likes

Not in the pre-order beta, as far as I can tell.

If there’s no answer before release, I’m seeking a refund. Probably not going to be playing much of the beta, either.

6 Likes

Giving this a bump! Would be great to have an option to just play with my friends or with bots!

5 Likes

I’m also in the group of players who will fully refund this game if there are no private lobby options.

3 Likes

It looks like you can invite your friends to your Strike Team. (Note: This person showed up because we are friends on Steam. If you hit ESC and click Social, you will see your Steam friends.)

So you can definitely team up with friends. My question now is if your team is less than 4, will it add randoms to your team?

I was in a team today with a “[BOT]” in it after someone dropped out. So it looks like they supplemented a team with a bot rather than a person.

Not sure if this will happen with pre-made strike teams or not.