Private Lobbies

Although I’m aware that they’ve switched to dedicated servers, it seems like a huge oversight in my opinion to not have private lobbies as an option. If I’m playing with 2 of my friends, we want to play at our own pace.

I’m unaware if this is something that will be added at launch, but for a Co-op horde clear game like this, this is an essential feature that I think will be off-putting to a lot of people if it’s not added at launch day. Many of us play these games to hang out with our friends.

40 Likes

This is not such a complex question. The lack of an answer suggests to me that communication on this topic is being purposefully withheld.

I have no intention of playing this game if I am going to be forced into public lobbies. There are already bots implemented, in both the prologue and tutorial, so I don’t understand why private lobbies wouldn’t be feasible.

Unless they want to be sure they’ve got another avenue to push microtransaction cosmetics on us.

19 Likes

The question of friends only groups with bots making up the numbers needs to be answered promptly. It’s a deal breaker for many of us who want to hang out with friends, work on tactics as a team, or just play with fewer than 4 players for the challenge. Completing V2 with one friend to legend difficulty was a real challenge and enjoyable.

Many other recent games support this. Played as a duo in B4B, Outriders and so on. If the answer is to be no, I’d like to see the rationale before I move onto the next game which does support this.

15 Likes

Absolutely 100% agree with this, no private lobbies - dealbreaker. Im not getting forced into a lobby with a random. I really do need the answer before I clock my 2 hours in and it becomes unrefundable.

10 Likes

This needs tons of responses until we get an answer. It’s likely THE MOST ASKED QUESTION aside from data carryover and for good reason.

9 Likes

All we really need is a “no we’re not planning on adding this” or “yes we are, here’s when”.

10 Likes

This is something so fundamental to a coop game that it’s baffling they couldn’t get it implemented for the pre-order beta.

I have very little faith in the game’s actual release at this point with how many basic features are missing and how issues from the closed beta are still not fixed. I can’t even get 4 friends in a strike team to play with to avoid the forced matchmaking because it’s crashing constantly for half of them.

Not sure what happened during development but this feels 100% rushed.

9 Likes

I went through most of the maps with bots in Vermintide 2 on cataclysm. I can’t stand playing with randoms.

There was a hope that this would already be implemented here, but if not, I will wait for a patch on this topic to come and continue to play Vermintide)))

7 Likes

If its only pubs then i will simply never recommend the game to other people.

9 Likes

Edit: Just had my second lobby in a row with someone AFK/not playing at all. Private lobbies with bots please.

Private lobbies were my favorite part of vermintide 2. They let me level up and practice using classes or builds without dragging down a lobby, along with being able to quit whenever without leaving players behind.
I guess the likely reason is to keep the matchmaking population as large as possible, but still it’d be nice if instead they gave us players a little more freedom by letting us use bots in private matches.

I hope Fatshark will see this thread and give it a try, it will help draw in more players in the end! Once I mastered the game in private lobbies I moved on to public legend matches in vermintide 2, had a blast in chaos waste public legend lobbies as well for many hours.

10 Likes

Private lobbies are essential to this sort of game. Pubs frequently (and, from their perspective, rightfully) try to clear levels as quickly as possible. Not all of us are fans of that gameplay, but without private lobbies our only options are to join pubs and go at their pace, join pubs and frustrate them by holding them back, or simply not play the game at all. None of these options are good options.

Please let us make private lobbies. I don’t care whether there are bots or not, I just want to be able to enjoy the game how I’d like to play it.

11 Likes

Yep, my partner and I do not do games that require us to play with random people. We rarely even play with friends.

10 Likes

Same here. No private lobbies would be a dealbreaker for my friends and I.
We don’t all have the same pace. Some want to rush to the objectives, some want to explore and enjoy the beauty of the environments, or clear everything.
Every play style is valid but we shouldn’t be forced to suffer from unwanted behaviors.

9 Likes

@Aqshy @Fatshark_Hedge How many different threads/replies before we get some kind of communication on this issue? It’s one of a handful of major issues holding me back from buying Darktide, the other most major one being whether or not post launch classes will be monetised, frustratingly another issue which FS has been eerily silent about despite how close we are to release.

Myself and many others really WANT to buy Darktide and go have fun with it, but are in desperate need of info about the product we would be purchasing to feel OK about doing so.

Please dear god just communicate with us.

9 Likes

Yeah me and a Buddy really wanted to play this game but not being able to play with just each other killed any excitement we had. It doesn’t even have to be balanced towards less then proper 4 mans. Just give us the option to not have to play with randoms, I feel most of us who want this feature won’t mind the extra difficulty from not having a proper team.

6 Likes

Agree completely. My bro is contemplating refunding after hearing there are no solo/private lobbies. I’ve nothing against playing with pubbies but i’d rather have bots if i had to choose. More predictable that way.

5 Likes

I don’t really understand why there hasn’t been anything said in this regard. I’ve actually refunded because I couldn’t only play with my friend and couldn’t find any info on whether we could play just the two of us, bots or no. I don’t want to be forced to play with others I don’t know when I just want to hang out with my friend doing something we enjoy in a game setting we enjoy made by a company we’ve enjoyed games from before. I want to enjoy my free time, I don’t enjoy strangers, there isn’t really anything else there is to it.

7 Likes

100% agree with a lot of what’s been said here. I play games to chill and relax with my close friends. When I go out with my partner or my brother for a cup of coffee, I don’t invite two random strangers along for the trip. No reason I should be forced to do so here. I’m hoping that this thread getting more attention will mean that someone from Fatshark actually responds; just ignoring this problem isn’t going to make it go away.

7 Likes

Adding a +1 here. No private lobbies is a deal breaker.

8 Likes

Just wanna throw my hat in that lack of private lobbies will be a deal breaker for me, no question. I’ve always been a hermit when it comes to gaming for quite some time and will not be forced to play with strangers just to enjoy this game. I really want to purchase this game, but if I cannot play in a private group or with bots, then it would be a waste of money for me.

I also find the lack of communication on the subject concerning, all it takes is a simple yes or no. Even just acknowledging that people are concerned would be nice. the radio silence is disheartening honestly.

7 Likes