Predatory cosmetics : RECOLOR thread

For first i want to introduce what for me “predatory cosmetics” are… but at all and for first I love cosmetics and I can spend 200$ on great skin.
but for me…
if I see…
they force pushed recolor
“skin” that changes only one part of weapon to different color in a pack for a skin i want to buy. Im forced to pay for that lazy-poor quality recolor too. it’s predatory for me and should be illegal. It makes me feel disgusted due to i purchased it and it supports developers like that.
What do you think about these poor lazy recolors?

6 Likes

its appauling.

Pretty much agree. Let me buy the color, and apply it to all my unlocks.

5 Likes

Good idea like in warframe. Paletes with colors and material/pattern in bundles.

1 Like

Also, bit of an issue is that a lot of my unlocks can’t be had in other colors. I imagine they will eventually, but I have some cool stuff I did serious penance work for, but it’s not there in other colors. I imagine part of that is overwork, but still.

There are places in the Imperium where, for the lack of ability to “paint” things in a Wahrammer 40k game, they cut off developer’s hands xD

Making recolor is less than 1 minute - belive me. it’s really just a change color in the engine or program they are using for 3D (based on tech and engine) but in all ways it ends of just one minute of work for them as it’s just color and nothing else. Even pattern is the same. They didn’t add more just to sell them separately due to there will be a bigger “hate” speech if they will add 20 or 30 recolors and sold it as a premium with a greed of paying for one.

1 Like

Yeah i have do recolor models alot, if you use a software like substance painter this is a matter of seconds.

This is why i never before preordered any game.
Till you notice such small discusting things it is to late …

I get one lesson out of this game:
I have done now preordered 1 game and break my own rules. Now i can cleary see why i never have done this before over the years.
So i will stick by what turned out in many cases the best idea. Just wait few weeks after release and read and watch videos after the game is sorted out in good and bad things (from others).
And then based on this i decide if i buy, this saved me tons of money.

2 Likes

Preorder doesn’t really hit this, since the recolors are for earned cosmetics so far. Maybe later.

Oh ok seems like i misunderstand this. But in another post it is the same but for real money.

But there is so much wrong in this game so i would say this preorder nono will fit in every post ^^

yeah i mean these recolors are added for premium currency in the premium packs to increase the cost of the pack and it’s not possible to buy these chonky good skins without these poor recolors. these packs that costs the most which gives us the best skins

anyone else? there’s someone who think it’s good and understandable? definitely I think… even developers know it’s bad… not only in area of quality for a game, a pr/negative for fat shark company but also moraly it’s just pathetic.

100% this would have been a better solution for recolor skins