Possible QoL

1. Wargear sets.
    Wargear Sets are now available for customisation in Darktide and in the mods vermintide 1, 2…

But there is still no official improvement.
    Are there any plans to implement this?

2. Choosing the next map at the end of the mission as in Vermintide 1.

Currently, we can only return to the citadel.
    It would be great to be able to immediately start a new/random mission without unnecessary downloads, or repeat the same in case of defeat.

1 Like

Darktide incorporates several QOL features that I believe Vermintide 2 could benefit from. In particular, I’ve suggested Vermintide 2 should either eliminate friendly fire like Darktide or at least modify it so it does not trigger abilities, buffs, and boons, etc. (such as Gromil Armor or the invisibility on taking damage boon, etc.) The fact that his game has more melee than Darktide makes friendly fire more likely particularly since there are often narrow passages and ways in which a horde or elites may approach leading to having to shoot between dodging players holding back the horde. It’s not fun and it takes away from the gameplay experience.

In Vermintide 2, I’ve noticed the current player lobby system could use enhancement. The process ensures players have to endure the score and loot screens before returning to the keep, and every player must enter the portal for a mission to commence. This setup can be frustrating when dealing with AFK hosts, forcing you to leave and rejoin, often to find the same inactive host or when a player gets up during the score screen. It’s also redundant to have players wait after the end of a mission when the next mission will not resume while someone is AFK in the keep anyway.

Deeprock, initiates the mission countdown as soon as the host chooses a mission, a system that better prevents a single player from monopolizing the lobby or holding it hostage while AFK. This also eliminates the need for incoming players to traverse the keep or leap off ledges to reach the portal.

I wholeheartedly support the idea of voting for the next mission, as it would prevent players from being unnecessarily detained at the score screen awaiting a return to the keep. Considering this is a peer-to-peer hosting game, I would add a feature where, should the host wish to exit, they can do so, and players will migrate to a new host so the game can proceed with the mission the team has voted for. This will ensure a smoother, less disruptive gaming experience. Also, if players want to change careers and weapons in their loadout, just give them the chance to do so by skipping the loot and score screen and alot that 45-second waiting period for swapping careers/gear, then have the next mission that was voted on begin as soon as the countdown expires.