Poor Netcode

Not sure if this is a “me” specific issue but I’ve noticed quickly that there is something wrong with the netcode. Attacks from specials and elites that I dodge still hit me. I’ve seen a mutant run right by me with it’s charge but when its behind me it will still drag me along and pin me. Same thing with mutant dogs, flamers, snipers, etc. Anything that I dodge seems to still hit me.

Granted, this isn’t always the case but its common enough to be a noticable issue. I didn’t have such issues in vermintide but in darktide I have it quite often.

2 Likes

It’s everyone, the netcode was amazing last test and you could play with Australians from Europe just fine, but now with melee attacks slowing down and taking several seconds just to fire a single shot during intense moments, or dodging specials, its hell.

1 Like

Comparing it to the Beta weekend, their is a rather noticeable difference and I’ve been second guessing if I was dealing with performance issues on my end or if this was somehow tied to the network code or if the player hosting the game is having performance issues which might be having a ill affect in some odd way.

Solo, on proving grounds, things feel smooth. But once in the hub or in an actual game things feel to go down hill. Been having a real hard time with melee combat and can’t shake the feeling my client side actions are linked to the netcode as everything feels like it’s lagging behind. Melee swings, blocks it’s all feels rather slow or unresponsive at best, making combat very challenging.