Netcode is AWFUL

Issue Type (Required):

Other

Issue Description (Required):

It’s absurd how often this is happening to me, but I am seeing many, MANY instances of being warped backwards or straight up being told “that didn’t happen”. Hounds are obviously janky and need the most attention, but a few other instances stand out to me:

• Being teleported backward at the start of the mission several seconds after joining
  • Firing a shot from a weapon such as the Kickback, SFX and all, only for it to not actually happen
  • Random lag spike in Carnival 2 after entering the room with the ventilation hack

It’s almost inexcusable how bad this is.

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

Cannot be consistently reproduced, as is the nature with network connections - however, this shouldn’t be happening and is a poor implementation of rollback netcode for my two cents. Most noticeable with single-fire weapons. These issues occur even on an Ethernet connection.

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Unusual (<25%) (whether an instance occurs during a match or not)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

6 Likes

Supporting evidence because editing the OP isn’t cooperating.

It’s gotten a LOT worse recently. Headshots ‘missing’ despite clearly hitting and making the hit sound, I’ve had dogs phase through me despite having me dead to rights on a leap multiple times, etc. Wanna bet the hot fix broke something?

4 Likes

Seems like one of the recent hotfixes broke a lot of things. I remember audio not being nearly as much of an issue, and now we’ve got silent poxbursters for whatever reason - it’s annoying that Fatshark is radio silent on this and seems to be taking their sweet time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.