Please let us change everything at the barbershop

Pretty much title.

At this point you can’t change your voice or gender, likely because one of the voice options is exclusive to Cadians. However it’d still be nice to be able to switch back and forth between voices instead of having to make a completely new character.

7 Likes

this would be great, I regret 2 voice options I picked and now I’m stuck with voices I don’t like on 2 max level characters

2 Likes

It would be great if we could change everything about our appearance at the barber, height, gender, voice, and name too, of course not the class. I’m not sure if it would be possible but maybe our background too since they are related to other options besides flavor background text.

1 Like

it does seem like a strange and arbitrary cut-off on what can and can’t be changed

I wonder what the reasoning was behind limiting some things

2 Likes

I am pretty sure it’s because some customization options are tied to your character background, meaning ideally they would allow us to completely redesign our existing character from scratch while keeping our progression, which is a bit more complex than just allowing us to switch between voices and gender.

However, it wouldn’t make sense if a character said voicelines only a Cadian would without having selected Cadia in your background.

In short, I would like the barbershop to be identical to the character creator, even allowing us to change our character names. I don’t know how far Fatshark would be willing to go in that regard.

Please do, it’s impossible to know whether you like or dislike a voice without hearing it a bunch and by the time I’m level 20 and have figured out that I don’t like it it’s a bit too late to reroll the character.
I get that voice is basically personality and changing it doesn’t make sense from a lore perspective but it’s much better than being sick with a voice you hate.

1 Like

As he said: he can’t work miracles.

1 Like

Absolutely critical parameter that I wish we could change is character HEIGHT.
This one thing, unlike other purely cosmetic things, affects gameplay by affecting the viewpoint and possibly the hitbox, and I want to be able to experiment and change it.
PLEASE.

1 Like

Being able to change up your character should definitely be more fluid, make it cost in game money. So we don’t have to remake another of the same class to achieve a different look.

1 Like

I agree we should be allowed to change voice/creation choices to allow for locked content.

1 Like

Hedge responded on the topic in Discord, figured I’d share it in here as well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes