Add ability for the Barber/Chirurgeon to change name & voice

I personally feel like there’s no reason as to why these wouldn’t be options. If you have the power to completely re-customize the appearance your character, why couldn’t you then change your name and voice as well?

If you go with a new appearance, it’ll be most likely that your voice and name doesn’t fit your new character, and therefore it would make sense for you to be able to change it. Please add these two options Fatshark!

8 Likes

Yes! I really don’t want to have to start my character over from scratch just because I dislike his personality; the little blurbs at character select just are not enough. You have to at least play a few matches to get a feeling for how the character reacts to things.

Oh and add Height and names too. I don’t see why this wasn’t included tbh.

4 Likes

Also let us change body type. After twenty-odd hours of play, I’m pretty damn sure that feminine Loose Cannon is better than masculine Loose Cannon.

1 Like

Yeah, a way to change Voice would be greatly appreciated. At character creation, you don’t have a good idea of what your voice lines in game will actually be like.

1 Like

Agreed a million percent. Would love to be able to change the name of my level 30 character without having to restart.

1 Like

I believe someone said on the discord (community manager Hedge?) that due to how things are coded that’s not possible. In the absolute sense it is, because it’s code and you can make code work, but I know from my brief forays into coding there is “This is doable” and there is “This is doable but would require gutting the thing, and take several weeks to make it work due to all the knockon effects it would cause.”

1 Like

They paid someone to say a witty line then removed features of the character creator that’s already in the programmed into the game after preaching character customization. Sorry not sorry, that’s lazy.

We really should have the option of changing names, genders, voices, and height.

1 Like

I completely agree, when creating a character, I chose a random name without thinking that everyone would see it. I also stopped liking the voice that I chose after the start of the game

1 Like

Absolutely agree. The description for my characters voice didn’t tell me much about what they’d actually act like, and I’m so incredibly sick of it.

1 Like

Found the post you were refering to. Seems like as you said it’s technically challenging, but by the looks of it not totally out of the question. Fingers crossed!