Please fix the Eviscerator

As a passing fan, I always really enjoyed the chain blade weapons from the art.
This is my first WH video game I’ve played. When starting this game, all I was expecting was for the biggest chain weapon or at least biggest chain sword, to be of the best weapons in the game. As is, it isn’t. It’s a universal weapon constantly set as a subpar Thunder Hammer.
Please fix the Eviscerator Fat Shark.

1 Like

Evis is good… if attack chain was not so bad.

I would like an other MK that has a more conventional attack chain. That’s all I ask.

Something like antax V for light swing and like achlys for heavy swing
or, if what I describe could be considered too powerful, one evis similar ot antax CA

1 Like

I think the attack pattern is nice, it has simple combos that are pretty easy to start up.
I think the problem is that it is trying to be really good at horde clear and single target damage in a weird way. Its blessings and many of its easy to use combos are horde clearing, but its light attacks and weapon specials are single target damage. It has good cleave, but not good cleave damage. It’s like it has a identity crisis on what it wants to be.

1 Like

Attack chain is bad. Nobody here uses it.
You all say “that’s good”, “you just have to” and what I say is that it can’t be used. In fact you have to push, alternate heavy / light… the attack chain is described when you examine a weapon… And this attack chain is not used. Therefor, this is a bad attack chain.
This is why I would never use this bad weapon… and I believe that’s why I have seen 2 players using evis in… 3 months

Its bad because its damage isn’t high enough to make up for its bad cleave damage. Its just kinda meh. The attack chain is fine. Just heavy into light into heavy into light. Maybe do some pushattacks as needed. That’s pretty standard fair for heavier weapons in Tide games.

I don’t hate the lights, they work. The heavy is also fine. But it just doesn’t have great blessings and it never hits its stride doing anything in particular.

5 Likes

I was using it just last night lol. Push attack → heavy → light for hordes, block cancelled heavy 1 on repeat for a bit more horde DPS when I can get away with it, light attack chain when picking off smaller groups of shooters and bruisers. The only full attack chain I almost never use is the full heavy combo, and I do sometimes use that if the first heavy attack didn’t quite finish an elite or I want a little more single target damage and revving would be overkill.

So no, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the attack chain or combo routes. It’s cool if you don’t like them but saying they’re the reason the weapon isn’t used more is a very questionably substantiated take. @Reginald is on the money to my mind, it most likely doesn’t get picked a heap due to being a little under tuned (while other things like Caxe are kinda overtuned). I still really enjoy it though and the attack chains really aren’t hard to get used to at all :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

You don’t use the attack chain… but you say there is nothing wrong with it.
Search the error

Here the attack chains of the evis…

Now, tell me if you use these attack chains? And I don’t ask you if it can be used by alternating heavy / light or using a push… I ask this: Do you use these attack chains?

Read my comment again. I DO use the light attack chain frequently. I DO use the heavy chain, admittedly much less frequently. Then I ALSO use hybrid attack combos because this is a weapon with actually interesting combos not just brainless Caxe light/heavy spam.

Even if you were correct I don’t use those combos (despite stating that I do in the post you’re responding to LOL) I don’t understand the obsession with pure light attack or heavy chains. There’s a reason lights and heavies link to different parts in each others’ chains, because there are meant to be more combo routes than just spam light or spam heavy. And THAT’S A GOOD THING. It makes weapons more dynamic and involving to use. Again this is something that holds through from previous Tide games where many weapons had optimal combos for some situations that involved swapping between lights and heavies mid combo. That adds complexity and for many of us extra enjoyment.

As far as I can tell if a weapon doesn’t wholly revolve around spamming either lights or heavies you think it has bad attack patterns. I say kindly stop trying to oversimplify weapons and make them boring.

But to reiterate since you seem to keep missing it. I FREQUENTLY use the pure light attack chain. The pure heavy attack chain also has its uses it’s just not something you use all the time.

3 Likes

You are just lazy to use heavy+light, it’s nothig hard or bad about it, 1 button, cmon

In fact you have to push

Only if there is no space for a swing, same for any other weapon

1 Like

I really think that’s why there is few people using this weapon.
I would use it if the attack chains were not so bad. Yes I love brainless attack chains.

If you use them, that’s ok. Well, for me this weapon is a big no as it is actually. I will say it, I prefer using a crusher (that is really bad in my opinion but, at least, can stagger a lot) than this weapon.

Game tutorial in psykanium is basically telling you that YOU CAN combine lights+heavies in chains. It’s not that chains consists only from lights or only from heavies like on pics in weapon overview menu

2 Likes

I know…
Doesn’t change my mind that this weapon is the worst to use, and even if it has good damages.

Damages are not the problem. This weapon is not used cause of the attack chains.

You like them? great
Now, let’s come back to the topic.
Do you think evis need more damages? I don’t think so.
It is not used by players, sure. But it has nothing to do with its damages.

Yet you are the only person I’ve seen here complain about the attack chains, while quite a few have complained about its horde clear rate…

5 Likes

It’s just your personal projection.

Yes I love brainless attack chains.
It is not used by players, sure.

And there is nothing THAT hard, hold lmb+click lmb. You don’t even need to start combo with push atack. It is 1 button combo. How is it hard, lol

Do you think evis need more damages? I don’t think so.

Well it just means you haven’t tested it a lot, here is my giga post for evi and its problems

Evi main problem is damage and cleave, especially vs few targets like 2 dreg bruisers cause you can’t stack Rampage

2 Likes

what are you talking about, the mixxing of the pattern has the best feel to any of the weapons in DT.

the only thing i want evis to change is the lackluster dmg/cleave in the horde clear chain 2nd attack
its the only thing that feels bad about it that you alternate from quite good attack to meh attack and back to quite good, just feels like you’re missing out, the fact that you have to weave lights and heavies to begin with is not the problem at all.

the V2 equivalent weapons were the most fun by far lol, the difference is that you often had the best attacks for the situation avialable like a toolbox, but evis swaps from awesome attack to lackluster attack and you can’t change that,
all it really needs is a better profiled sweeping light attack so we don’t drop dps as much and it would be easily the most fun weapon in the game.

1 Like

When I made my evis, I asked on the zealot discord advice about it and if it was a good evis.
The answer was that yes it was good and I had nothing really to change.
However several said me that if I wanted to use a chain weapon, it would be better to use chainsword cause evis attack chain was not the best.
I tried… they were absolutely right.

If you have experience with this… thing… then I trust you.

Yeah, I know that it is strange to want to use a weapon with the attack button instead of something else :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I did not. I have spent one mission that was a pain for me… I tried to use push etc. For me, this is not a weapon, this is a selectable headache.

Now, I will let you discuss on this weapon… one day, maybe, we will have an evis I could use.

It is absolutely a problem. The damage is quite mediocre and cleave damage fall off is atrocious. There’s no reason to use it except for aesthetics.

2 Likes

As I said…

Lol… sure I won’t take :stuck_out_tongue:

I do hope we get more MKs of Evic in the future and one of them is to your tastes for what it’s worth. It’s just that for the current version I only hope to see number tweaks (speaking as someone who is generally a fan of the weapon).

2 Likes

Shamelessly plugging my ideas from another thread here.

Some additional stuff:

• Perfect Strike should be reverted now that elites automatically get stuck by rev attack. It should give a buff with ignore hit mass effect similar to BM on crit.
  • You can actually slide while doing the rev attack making you less vulnerable, but I don’t think this is an intended interaction (or if it is, it’s weird).
  • Rev heavy damage boost on cleaved targets could be buffed substantially. I like this interaction a lot, but it isn’t very impactful. (Yeah it’s around a 20% damage boost on infected and unarmored targets, but you can just swing more instead of revving…)
  • My main problem with giving it baseline bleed is that it would force the weapon into bleed build pretty much.
1 Like