Personal Ogryn blessing wishlist

Hello again, I figured I’d wax on about some blessing changes I’d like to see for Ogryns since some of them are super redundant, or extremely limiting in how specific they are.

For example Brutal Momentum (on weak spot kill, ignore enemy mass for 1-4 seconds) sounds good on paper, but in practice we already have near infinite stagger and target caps, but end up losing out on damage on multiple targets.

Ranged Weapons:

Ripper:

Flechette should be either random chance of bleed or bleed on non crits. Otherwise it’s fully reliant on RNG giving you Cavalcade as well.
Blaze Away should have a higher bonus since 2% is kind of not much lol.
Fire Frenzy is also very limiting in the bonus and the short timer as well.
Inspiring Barrage: I’ve only seen this once in 300 hours. Seems very uncommon (baseline t4?). Maybe a scaleable version and add other tiers.
Can Opener: I would love to see this on any hit to make ripper a more rounded and viable ranged weapon but Flechette being made less crit reliant would also do that imho.

Grenade Gauntlet:

Add momentum/confident strike and other melee perks, remove gloryhunter.
Reassuringly accurate should be changed to be a blessing that increases the range (prevents air burst after 40m) and disable the random bonehead chance of missing.
Shattering impact can stay but i wish it applied to melee attacks as well.

Heavy Stubber:

Charmed reload should be a random chance instead of being tied to crit.
Dumdum/Deathspitter/The other one that increases damage on repeated hit could honestly be tied together.
Roaring advance and ceaseless barrage might be amazing if combined.
Could use a rending/brittleness blessing to bring team support.

Rumbler:

I feel like adhesive charge could get the bombs away treatment and cause the grenade to stick into flak/carapace/unyielding targets as well.
Pierce needs a little something to it. Maybe add brittleness to special attacks.

Melee weapons:

Brutal momentum as mentioned before needs a little something something. Increased damage spread maybe to cement it as the blunt weapon clear of choice. Or maybe increased weapon swing speed so it brings up shovel/bully club to knife levels.
I’d merge confident strike and momentum together and remove the chained hit requirement. Every swing get 5-8% toughness, if you hit more than 2-3 targets this % is doubled.
Bash/Tenderizer/Smackdown/anything that gives a small buff on special action either need to have their numbers greatly enhanced or be rethought. 4% crit bonus on your next attack after uppercutting something is so miniscule. Same with 15% power.
Savage sweep suffers from the same issue that our cleave targets as ogryns aren’t bad, it’s that the damage spread isn’t there.
Haymaker feels like it needs to drop the chained heavy requirement but that could be because I look down on how long it takes to chain heavies already on Ogryn.
I would like to see more blessings added to Power Maul/SlabShield. Slaughterer or something that increases penetration on cleave targets. Maybe even thrust. Could come up with a new blessing called “Chain Reaction” that increases the zapping ability of the power maul or lets it rip explosions for the next 3-5 seconds to help out with horde clear.
I wish Skullcrusher/Thunderstrike didn’t have the stagger requirements or that they would add rending on top of their effects.

Having a blessing that would increase melee speed/sprint efficiency/dodge range would also let us round out our arsenal. There’s a reason why the combat knives are outperforming everything else due to the base damage and attack speed. I gotta say that as an ogryn the power fantasy of smacking everyone with a big club and doing a ton of damage is up there with the conceit of the class and that doing 80 damage with a maul feels wrong.

Well, as always, thanks for reading. It is a wishlist and some of my ideas might be unbalanced so please consider that I’m merely letting my thoughts be known, silly as some end up being 8)

3 Likes