Perk Rerolling and RNG

What is the purpose of having me waste 10s of minutes re-rolling perks in an attempt to get the one I want at max tier, because I can achieve it anyways if I roll enough, if not to make me irrationally angry?

I definitely LOVE the spam of robotic monks MOANING/CHANTING/GROANING into my EAR as I slowly click the same damn button over and over again.

Whoever the management/executive who approved this is, deserves a raised fist to the face

4 Likes

This needs a drop down menu or something… maybe we just should pay once to unlock the stat…

4 Likes

They literally could’ve asked us to pay the full price up front and give us a list of choices, and the only thing it would’ve done was shown respect for our time.

Pretty much every system in this game is designed to waste your time, because Fatshark doesn’t respect your time. That’s the whole point of ALL the RNG, and why many people are not going to continue to play this game.

I still find missions fun, so I still play it… But I’ve completely given up on trying to get better equipment, even if mine is suboptimal. To do otherwise would just be falling for Fatshark’s breadcrumb-loot system, designed to keep players always playing, always out of reach of that “perfect” piece of gear.

3 Likes

The system is similar to the Division 2. D2 did it better by showing you all possible outcomes. I forget if you just pick one or it was random but seeing all the potential outcomes was good. By see all the outcomes you could spend the time BEFORE SPENDING making an educated decision. Currently I spam through a bunch just seeing all the options, burning my currency. I think in Darktide once you unlock all potential outcomes the money factor is removed. I’m not 100% sure though.

It does remove the money factor eventually, but it’s not the top tier perk options.

I’m a relatively sensible guy, if I have to spend a couple of minutes fiddling with something, I don’t mind, but the fact that have to spend 10-20 minutes to find the perk I want, at the right tier, infuriates me to no end.

There’s no logical reason for this. I doesn’t make me want to spend money, it doesn’t make me want to play more, it’s just there to **** me off.