Performance/FPS decreasing over time in game

Specs are: 12700k, 64gb ram, 3090ti.

Aside from the thoroughly lackluster performance even on med/low settings with all the goodies disabled, there seems to be an issue that causes the fps to progressively drop over time in game. Restarting the game sometimes helps, sometimes not, and rebooting my system seems to be the consistent way to regain performance.

I don’t even know how it’s possible for performance loss to require a reboot, but others have reported the same issue, and in the hundreds of games I play and stream I’ve never experienced this problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I’d be happy for the help!

3 Likes

Yes i totally agree! after 3 or 4 games my fps are very low and the game feels sluggish even in low graphic areas!

Everyone in the group I play with has this problem, unless we restart after every third map. After the restart the game runs normally. We all have high end systems. We keep restarting to avoid it.

That sounds like a memory leak. Sadly this has to be fixed by the devs. Until then I suggest frequent restarts.

Just checking but does this bug happen to be a part of your bug aswell?

The only thing I can think of is there is a known ray tracing memory leak Nvidia hasnt fixed… Dying Light 2 has the same issues if you enable DX12 Ultimate and or any form of Ray Tracing… You’ll start with around 150fps with DLSS and RT enabled after about an hour you’ll be at 50fps… The only fix is to turn that dogshit off.

Oh I can’t run ray tracing at all, and have almost all settings on low or just disabled. Game just runs terribly unfortunately, and terribly for my friends as well :confused: