Penitent Engine punishment for the worst of sinners among us

"To be a pilot of a Penitent Engine is to have committed a terrible crime, one so heinous that punishment such as imprisonment, exile, Arco-flagellation or even execution is deemed too lenient. The repentant Heretic is hard-wired into the front of the war engine, and unlike Space Marine Dreadnoughts, which are fully enclosed, the penitent sinner is fully exposed to enemy attack, relying only upon the Emperor’s judgement to keep them safe or take their life.

Many of the souls that are punished in this way may have once been members of the Ecclesiarchy; Imperial Priests who have fallen from the Emperor’s grace, or even Battle-Sisters who have failed in their faith or through their mistakes have caused the death of others. "

I am guilty of having caused my whole team to die!!
Please FatShark, I need this kind of punishment!!

I´m a terrible terrible sinner!!

1 Like

When will we get this class I wonder :slight_smile:

I’d still rather a Tech Adept, this kind of thing doesn’t really hit the Darktide “spot”.

Okay if you get the penitent engine class…

My trooper gets the Eversor Assassin subclass okaaaaay?

An Eversor Assassin rarely has just a single target. His mission will be to rip the heart out of the Chaos insurgency, wreaking havoc and destruction. Such brutality ensures that the Heretics are totally cleansed and that no would-be successors may take over. The sheer terror left behind in the wake of an Eversor Assassin’s onslaught ensures that none will dare to oppose the will of the Imperium again.

Deal?

This whole post feels like your kink is the punishment of the Penitent Engine?

Can’t you experience this through the use of VR with other likeminded voyeurs?

5 Likes

I don’t see the point. They are guarantied to die in battle the first time someone attacks the thing.

Their bodies will stop maybe low caliber weapons only.

1 Like

Me when I see Rinda Karnak (I need help)

1 Like

Which makes it a good option for a big but not tanky character in the game
because not having more survivability than the veteran/zealot/psyker.
So won’t be OP.
A big character that is focused on dps instead of survivability.
(Though possibly well protected from hits from behind (but vulnerable to front-hits).

Would add an interesting option to the game that also brings new weaponry to experience (and voice-lines).