Quite often I’ve seen players that pop in, die, leave, sometimes also get pissy and blame the team. I’d just rather they go honestly. Why hold some toxic player hostage in your lobby?
That said, a number of co-op games do penalize players for leaving a game early, especially if they do it often. I’m not against giving somebody a warning, and then cooldown before they can join another match if they died, and left like 3 games in a row. Might as well keep them from sabotaging multiple lobbies. Darktide has also had this issue come up often.
There’s not that many players left, and I would expect at this point, there’s not much that can be done for Vermintide 2 that will make a difference for people who just up and leave a lobby the first time they go down. In general, I don’t play quick play anymore, and I don’t really like to play with randos.
Anybody on Steam in North America, send me friend request here, and then invite me; when I’m available, I’ll join. I don’t really enjoy modded C3 DWONS and such anymore as the pacing is just too slow. I’ll do a few regular casual Cata games, Deeds, Weekly Events or Twitch in the evening or on weekends.
Vermintide 2, and Darktide are at a point where if my steam friends aren’t on, I’m not. For me, the fun of carrying newer players, helping them get the rewards I already have, and showing them the ropes was the main reason I played quick play. If you invite me to a lobby where everyone is already steamrolling through the mission, I’m gonna get bored and probably leave.