[PC] Vermintide 2 - The Big Balance BETA - Update #3 & Hotfix #1

I hope this was truth, good riddance, toxic man.

13 Likes

Yes that’s pretty strange.

Holy crap 1h axe is insanely strong now. On Legend: 1 shot clan rats with 0 bonus power. 1 shot fanatics with any amount of power boost. 2 shot marauders with 10% chaos or infantry. The armor damage even got slightly buffed. The bonus crit chance is just amazing. In top 3 melee weps right now IMO. It melts elites AND infantry. I’d even say it’s straight up the strongest melee weapon in the game.

Just did a Legend deed on Festering Ground with upgraded ambients + 2x dmg 2x health elites as Zealot. I killed more elites than the rest of the team combined. Damage numbers still bugged as client btw?

End of mission

The infantry damage should probably be toned back down. My suggestion: 1-shot clan rats with 0 power (15 dmg). Then you need to add 20% chaos/infantry to one shot fanatics. And 30% if u want to 2-shot marauders. I’d even be happy with 14 dmg on lights, for 30% vs fanatics to one-shot and 10% vs clan rats. Keep the crit though, it’s very nice.

I’m surprised Brace of Pistols got buffed. It seemed fine as it was before to me. I use BoP on Zealot and WHC and it worked great even before the buff. It’s very strong now. It 2 shots SVs with no power boost - that’s probably a bit much. Not sure why you changed movement speed slow - it was fine as is before. It does feel better to use though. Reduced spread is nice, I like that change.

Cool. Can we get some 2h axe balance now? The only thing it got was a nerf to its push stab attack on armor.

6 Likes

Could use some slight love on cleave damage as well I think

2 Likes

It’s not total trash, but there DD now is bad or slightly above average in everything, they are prety bad vs hordes, mediocre vs armour, still OK vs maulers and berserkers, and kinda bad vs Monsters. You still can handle most of the threats with DD, still you need some help with a bosses, or Barrage Hagbane, but there is very little they can do realy good.

However I still disagree that DD are more versatile then Glaive or 2h Sword, they got a lot of mobility and are defenetly more agile, but either Glaive or Sword can handle most enemies better then DD.

Let’s chill a bit people. I don’t think FS has forgotten other weapons that need attention, and they’ve stated on several things they buffed them very strongly for us to to test. This is a test beta, remember.

As they said, there will be further betas down the line. It’s best not to change TOO much too fast. Let’s test this stuff out in the beta and give our feedback, like @The_Fool did before we jump to conclusions.

2 Likes

death by jump is still happening

1 Like

The thing I’m most grateful for here is that you guys are “finally” providing some more reasoning for your changes and giving a hint of what the goals are.

3 Likes

Well, this is better, but Shield slam attack would be better as alt-attack anyway.

It is specific attack for very specific purpose. Push stab is better in controlling enemies and does damage to them. Slam attack is better to stagger CW, but after first stager you can stagger it with push-stab.
Push stab is much safer and effective in use. Shield slam as any heavy attack need time to charge. Not very much, but it is there. Each time you charging it, you open for hits. Charging time acceptable for damaging heavy attack because you use it to aim your attack. You don’t need to aim your slam attack.
New combo push-stab+heavy stab is usefull, but it exopsing you too much for surrounding enemies.
This why I think, that moving shield slam to alt attack will be better idea.
P.S. Yes, I know, it can be used to regen temp HP, but again, with alt attack without charging it will be better.

2 Likes

Exec sword was “a bit” over the top, I’ve used it on deeds without much exec sword experience and wrecked everything without ever feeling threatened except double dmg elite modifier (which I still breezed through but I did go down once or twice).
Dodge was also over the top, legend as a host or below 100 ping was a snooze fest. I want engaging gameplay with loot so I can’t go to modded realm. Previous beta patch update legend was almost like live champion.

Don’t scream wtf at BETA changes, test them out by actually playing the game and form your arguments around that. I don’t get why people get angry at them trying out things even if some of them are wierd, that’s what beta is for. Most of the changes are in a good direction IMO.

Temp hp should be temporary and not that easy to come by, you shouldn’t be able to trade hits on most careers often.

I’m off to test those badboy changes out

4 Likes

Exec heavies got unjustly nerfed again.

Whit Merc I used the exe and it was perfect. Any nerf, imho, will be always a bad thing. Its light attacks had a good damage but low stagger (indeed, simply attacking, I could not hold an horde; while with 2h hammer, that has less damage but more stagger, I can do it but obv doing less damage); and also they haven’t damage against armors. Heavy attacks were so slow that their damage was appropriate.

About temp hp, (also because a single attack from a stupi* rat could halve your hp) I find that in live is perfect… but it should be limited to melee kills. And, the others lv 20 talents, should be a new ones usefull for supporter and ranged careers.
In beta, the principle is wrong. Careers are thought to do damage, if I do some stagger and cleave, I probably will kill also… and don’t gain thp in this case, it is just ridicolous. But also thp on kills… I will not forget never my first match in beta with a melee career (Zealot). I was the last alive and I have killed an entire skaven horde… and I haven’t seen no one temp health.

About dodge time, I can agree with the nerf, but al least they should give us the old stamina regen.

Maybe you don’t agree with my opinion, it is norma, but I have my reasons and you must not think “omg it is just a rage scream”. It is arrogant.

No no no no, please don’t do that. Shite’s still f*cked, issues that have been present for months are still present, this game needs so much more careful attention

3 Likes

I didn’t dismiss your opinion with “rage” that comment was just for the “wtf fatshark” part ONLY. Exec was super fun to use but overtuned, double hp elites were melting and with its somewhat recent addition - mobility on charge attack it didn’t feel that dangerous to use them. Exec will still be good, just wont be overbearing.

I agree with you on temp on kill, it should be removed from some careers or reworked for them, makes sense for some of them and I had some success with it before buffs, but you need to play extra careful during hordes if you take it, and NB helps too.

Temp hp on stagger annoys me on characters that aren’t strictly tanks (like handmaiden, even though she is quite hard to kill), it forces me to aim away from heads to get more hp, you are encouraged to be selfish and aim for body all the time with melee, so you actually stagger less on those body strikes and you kill less, not a fan.

Some nerfs are needed, there is nothing fun about having match stomped by a single player.
I’m an elf main ( though I still play a fair share of all characters but sienna) and I love nerfs to her weapons most of all (though dual swords still probably need some tuning, though I have yet to try the changes).

Live is too forgiving in terms of temp hp, legend doesn’t feel legendary, 1 solitary rat is only going to wreck you if he is the only one targeting you, if you are fighting the horde you are getting hit for way less, temp hp should be an hp buffer so people don’t have to perma block through hordes if they get low, but disappear once you are finished with the horde. Vt 1 has fun and engaging combat outside of hordes for that reason, vt2 falls short with that unless you aggro patrols or run ahead alone (I still love both games to death, and I think overall vt2 is better, but there is always room for improvements).

Hp buffer shouldn’t be “free hp to trade for cooldowns” because that’s what you can do on live, you trade hits with trash mobs and get your ulti faster because its also lowered by taking damage.

Someone told me the nerf to Salt 2 hand sword was reversed…does anyone have the notes confirming this? I don’t see it in these notes.

What are the big issues? I mean, this is just the first big balance beta, and I feel that every iteration has been better than the base game before it. I think it’s clear there will be other betas, and they’re working on bug fixes and stuff as well.

That said, some feedback: I gave sword and shield a try, and wow. That was the easiest Legend run I’ve ever had - I was running with bots so I could get more experience with the weapon. Maybe it was just a forgiving game (though we had Chaos Spawn just before the second grim), and faced a fair few specials. I was also running the repeater handgun, and it felt fantastic, to be honest. Might . . . actually be too good. Maybe just give it a slight tweak down in power, as I seemed to be getting a lot of one-shots on specials and Stormvermin (perhaps they were crits; I was Merc). Maybe its crit damage value needs to be tweaked. That would feel in line with its “jack-of-all-trades” style.

But back to Sword and Shield; it certainly wasn’t the best anti-armor weapon - quite low relative to other weapons, but the amount of control and safety I had was fantastic and it COULD deal with armor. The stab attacks are easy to headshot with, I find. On the whole, I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE being able to go sword and board and feel like I’m actually able to do well without Herculean effort. I ran crit, block cost reduction, and Swift Slaying. With the “hitting multiple enemies” for white health talent and the trait that gives me bonus health, I felt like I was overflowing with white health (and his ult, as well). It felt extremely strong, but . . . Sort of like his niche. He’s not a true tank, but he sort of is with his health gen.

After that, I gave Saltzpyre with one-handed Axe and Brace of Pistols a go. Both of these weapons are extraordinarily strong now. Obviously axe has the downside of relatively horde control, but it certainly is strong. I was running Swift Slaying, and I forget the rest. As an experiment, I ran temp health on crit and headshot, and I found it was pretty good, honestly. I kinda wonder if a bump to crit chance might be the kind of buff the Two-Handed Axe needs. BoP was extremely useful, and running the extra ammo talent I never felt too low. I’d go so far as to say it’s probably a bit too good in its current state, though it does have the downside of needing approximately 47,000 shots to kill a packmaster (okay, actually four, even with it tagged).

I wiped twice trying out Saltzy; one time was a corner Packmaster that pulled me into a horde, and a gas rat hitting on top of my body. All the bots died trying to come revive me. The second was just my own poor positioning, as I forgot a spot they came from in the same area and got surrounded, downed, and finished quickly. The third run went great, and despite a Troll+Horde near the second Grim, I was able to control the horde with a purple pot, running around and knocking down the adds to give the bots some space. That run went extremely smoothly.

I don’t think any of these weapons will break the game if they go live in these current states, especially not SnS or Axe. They will be great choices, to be sure, but they only fill niches. The BoP and Repeater Handgun probably need a small nerf to not become the go-to weapon (though I’m certain that people will still run the Handgun regardless, since it is the best anti-special weapon at range).

Two-Handed Hammer (Kruber and Bardin)

• Increased efficient dodge count from 1 to 2.

It’s…something!

Glad you’re listening to feedback, even though the dodge distance could still stand to be improved.

2 Likes

like dying after short jump landing and double/triple sudden disablers (3 hookers can be fun, but not in the game during a wave and a boss). So far it happened with catchers and assassins.

I think it feels great! Sword and Shield Kruber, bully and bash the heck out of everything so DPS teammates can kill it easily.

1 Like