Today we’re putting out Update #2 for the Big Balance Beta - our ongoing test bed for shaking up the meta. You’ll find the notes for this update below.
Please provide your feedback in our forums and social channels, else feel free to use our private feedback form if you prefer to fire and forget your thoughts!
- Reduced the armor penetration modifier for critical strikes from 0.5 to 0.4 on light stabs
- Increased heavy attack base armor penetration modifier from 0.3 to 0.65, reduced headshot modifier from 2 to 1.5.
- Reduced the armor penetration modifier for critical strikes from 0.5 to 0.4 on light stab
Sword and Shield
- Reduced the armor penetration modifier for critical strikes from 0.5 to 0.4 on light stab(push attack)
- Increased base damage and stagger (short range damage 0.22 to 0.3 stagger 0.075 to 0.175) (long range damage 0.075 to 0.175 stagger 0.05 to 0.075)
- Increased critical hit modifier for damage and stagger vs armor (0.5 to 0.75)
- Increased the base delay of stamina regeneration from 0.5 seconds to 1 second. This should put it at the same regeneration rate as it was before the beta.
- Increased the delay of stamina regeneration after pushing from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. This should put it at the same delay rate as was before the beta.
This change was made with the change to stamina generation on health gain in mind. After studying feedback and alot of internal testing we want to try and go back to the stamina regeneration rate we had before launching the beta. Experiment and see how this affects your performance and leave feedback. Thank you for your participation.
- Fixed an issue where Waystalkers talent Lifebloom Arrows returned 20 temporary health instead of intended 50.
- Waystalker Lifebloom Arrows, Pyromancer Bonded Flame and Ranger Veterans Catch a Breath were changed at the start of the beta to increase temporary health gained when the Career Skill was activated from 20 to 50. This was however not reflected in the patch notes.
- Additional tweaks to the temporary health gained from Heal on Kill, Heal on Cleave and Heal on Stagger talents. Health gained should be more normalized across the talents.
- Ranger’s Ambush - Reworked: Moving outside of the Smoke Bombs area does not break invisibility. No longer increases the duration of Disengage.
- Scrounger - Reworked: Now restores 5% of your maximum ammunition on a critical hit. Can only trigger once per shot.
- Resourceful Combatant - Reworked: Melee critical strikes reduces the cooldown of your Career Skill by 5%. Effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds.
- Resourceful Sharpshooter - Reworked: Ranged critical hits reduces the cooldown of your Career Skill by 5%. Effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds.
- Natural Bond - Reworked: Provides health regen, healing from healing draughts and first aid kits become temporary health. Still clears any wounds.
- Barkskin - Reworked: Taking damage reduces the damage you take from subsequent hits by 30% for 2 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 2 seconds. This damage reduction is calculated after other effects such as career perks.