[PC] Vermintide 2 - The Big Balance BETA - Update #2

I think the stealth after the ult should break if you attack… I would only change that.

3 Likes

Yeah that is practially a ghost mode.

Ok, after trying for 2 games, I am convinced that Natural Bond is now actually worse than before Beta. Can you please revert it?

I like that the crit modifier on some light stab attacks has been lowered. It was my one gripe about the Spear for Kerillian, at least.
I am in favor of light stab attacks having some armor penetration but the crit numbers were a bit ridiculous.

The Spear did roughly the same damage to armored units as the Glaive with light attacks, but then attack much faster. That wasn’t really a problem, but the Spear crit was doing over 2000 damage (on armored dummy) while the Glaive does 1350. The Spear now does 1925, so we’ll see how it pans out through the tests.

I also like the change to the Heavy attack and Kerillian’s 2H Sword. Still has headshot “oomf” but now it’s not reliant on it.

No, I don’t think so. If it were then Waystalker and Huntsman passives and talents should have been looked at. They weren’t and they both have nigh endless ammo. Bounty Hunter also still can get by just fine with the crossbow - barely anything has changed for this build, as long as you run Scrounger (yawn). If you can’t decently sustain your ranged weapon on a ranged focused career, then there’s no reason to bring it over a melee alternative. Eg. why bring BH when WHC or Zealot can do the same job with the crossbow and provide much better team support/melee power?

I don’t like endless ranged spam, but these changes are targeting the wrong things in my opinion. Removing the melee reset on BH is a big reason why this career struggles with anything other than crossbow+scrounger currently. I would be fine if it wasn’t an instant reset like before but maybe reducing the cooldown by 1 or 2 seconds.

That doesn’t make any sense. :confused:

It literally heals for the exact same amount over time, but now you can use medical supplies on yourself. I’d argue that it overshadows the other neck traits too much now. I’m not exaggerating when I say that 90% of the people I’ve played with since the start of the balance beta use it.

2 Likes

Well, I think it depends on whether you also get temp health when others heal you with med kit. I haven’t tested that myself yet.

That was removed due to the 20% shared heal talent in every career.

Granted, having RV Bardin with that talent and the neck trait that gives 25% chance to not consume healing items works well with his new skill that gives a 10% chance to not consume items.

Ok, maybe that was exaggerated a little.
Before, yes, I could not heal myself, but others could do so just fine.
Now, I get temp hp from healing, which makes using kits on me worse than before, while clearing wounds would work just fine from anyone using heal share.
I suppose if there’s plenty drafts lying around and no kits, this is preferable, but given a single draft can now clear the entire team anyways, there’s no reason to be as conservative as before with kits.
But I guess it is actually reasonably balanced now; I preferred the old version, but that’s just a personal opinion.

1 Like

I think bwing able to one shot anything up to and including a chaos warrior for free every 10 seconds is plenty of power. Even if it means you are weaker in between.

God calm down… i already claimed, that they´ve to fix the career´s at all, then they can start to balance grp - buffs.

So what is better? 6 ammo / minute or 10 - 12 ammo / minute for some aim / fighting?

Yes please… let us argue about every career now… It´s not like i told enough about them all, FS meant to buff balanced career´s and don´t really touch the strong ones, because of the temp health changes. I wanted / want nerfs to the tankyness of the UC, Zealot, FK too. The Slayer got no range, so it might be ok…
Gromril absorbs EVERYTHING every 13s… how many times does a decent player gets hit in a game? Especially within 13s. It´s broken…
So might stop arguing about those stuff… that has nothing to do with my idea above and you obviously don´t have any knowledge from my previous threads. I don´t want to
repeat all in every thread.

No it´s not. As @arknox pointed out, the scrounger - change just nerf´s non ranged chars all over again. On the other hand it buffs weapons like the swiftbow or reapeters. The ranged - classes are highly untouched from this change and the WS got a brainless perk to compensate it.

Where is the reason to put in a 100% braindead choice in the tree? AFK - ammunition is one of them. FS can´t balance scrounger too. So tell me a reason, why FS shouldn´t work with weapon - based properties? You can balance those stuff over all 3 career´s quite easy + the players will see more profit for better plays.

You can compare it with the temp - health changes. On kill was a no brainer for everyone. Every slow / tankier weapon lagged even behind on it. You can go tanky (shield) and choose stagger now. You can go on multiple hits and choose waveclear weapons (Rapier, G -Sword) now. Kills? High - DMG - Weapons.
I´m still not a friend of temp - health , but it´s in a better situation than before.

Once again… why would you prefer 6/min if you can get 10-12/min for more than afk?

• Increased surviveability? So you´ll get nearly or even one-shotted on legend with 2 grims. What do you want with a double - 50% lifereg.?

• Team - reg? Cool… but really needable? Not really…

• Ammo - regen? Shines hardly over both. If you got ammunition and kill everything before it reaches you, you won´t need any health - regeneration.

Please show me how many folks run any other trait than ammunition.

Yes please! If it´s the answer to change one trait…

Every career is unique with their passiv / ultimate. The real changes come along the weaponchoice. Do you want to go for waveclear? Do you prefer to delete specials or elite´s? Do you want to melt bosses?

There isn´t really much variety in the most traits and weapons. I could even give you options for other career´s than the elf ones and i already did in the past. This was just an idea to bring on more balance and variety and that weapons would feel more unique and not like “pick scrounger, pick swift slaying”.
Fine that you don´t want your elf changed, but this would even be a buff to every 3 careers.

Calm down, think once about it and tell me your thoughts, when you´re away from the state “don´t touch my elf.” pls… If FS decides, that this is a bad idea or not their plan ok, but that and your rage won´t stop me, to give such feedback about it.

PM: I would even go a harder nerf way, but i know that the most don´t want any big changes here. So sry that i thought about an improvement of an afk - perk and not just a remove into darkness. Deleting scrounger and the HS - perk + give weapon - specific options is much better in my opinion and won´t just buff crit/ ranged orientated career´s.

To talk about the stamina change, which I think was the biggest overall change in this beta update . . . (I’m surprised more aren’t talking about this, just like I was surprised more people weren’t on about the dodge change at the beginning of this beta!)

It feels okay. Stamina feels more like an important resource now - I actually found myself wishing I had taken the tier-1 talent Hukon’s Tenacity for the extra stamina regen in some of my games tonight, which is a good sign that it’s become more valuable.

At the same time, it didn’t feel too slow to me. I only felt like I was running out if I was spamming pushes too much.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s back to the push stab brainless mode that we had pre beta. I thought the stamina changes were a good move and don’t understand the need to go back to pre beta values.

1 Like
  1. Im not raging, im just tired of the usual OMG NERF THIS AND THAT suggestions, because some ppl f@ckin hate to play this game so they spam their ranged 99% of the time and you never see tham change weapons even in meele. Then the whole thing comes to the forum in the form of (rightly) dissatisfied players asking for nerfs, which hurt those who play normally too. (thats why i run duo/trio games, noone spams like a madman, fun gameplay etc…)

I meant this for the elf carreers, that it works fine.

I used scrounger on my crit longbow on WS, but since its an RNG based regen its still unreliable… The only problem with that trait was BH, since with him it was garanteed, and since xbows penetrated everything, it was enough to top up, and spam 0-24. The triple xbow build was ret@rded with scrounger to say the least, tried it once, then went back to xbow with hunter. I would only changed the scrounger interaction on BH xbows,and reduced the ammo on 3xbow so it still valid on other carreers. I dont like this scrounger change, nor the resourceful change(in horde environment resourceful=swift slaying, so one more reason to not use resourceful in beta).

For example I used group regen on deeds to counter the constant group damage. And the regen heals you out of the most critical hp% where you wont get onehitted by helicoptes/marauders/sneaky slaves, but overheads remain a danger, like to every other character.
Also this is a passive ammo regen. You can do headstands after you unloaded your quiver on the boss, but the ammo wont come faster to shoot the sea of specials that spawned with the boss. It takes no time to spam 6 arrows, but with the other traits you can count on them mostly and actively regen/retain ammo. This passive is good for emergency where you need to kill/stagger spacials.

BUT you have the mobility of a concrete block, and since bosses have unblockable/ghosing/unreactable attacks, the ability to negate one of these for one of the tank classes is not a big deal imo.

You can play every game without brain, just blindly following the “meta”, but if you try to balance(not just nerf everything bc its effective, with this logic nerf EVERY weapon bc i can make them work… You cant nerf player skill) around this behaviour, it will only hurt those who play normally with thoughtful builds.

The main problem with the current beta is, that Fatshark is balancing the wrong things and/or hacks to broadly with the axe.
It’s always certain combination of weapon+talent+traits that are widely used and might need changing.
But they never consider other combos, where this might not be the case and they are just fine.

Barkskin on the dawri is going to be so good =).

if i am reading this correctly, then you are getting 60 percent damage resist after taking a hit for 2 seconds.

With cruba around, you can get up to 80 percent damage resist after taking a hit. =)

1 Like

This solves the problem with my IB flamethrower being able to charge my ult with a horde, now i may actually have to think about not popping my ult willy nilly.

edit: maybe we can bring back ranger drakefires? Bardin ranger was able to use drakefire in game 1. I don’t see how he can’t do that again in V2 as a veteran of the rangers.

I can’t wait to jump on my BH again. I have been using the repeater pistol all this time. Now i’m getting a huge buff to it. =)

2 Likes

No handgun cleave changes? That is sad.

2 Likes

I actually didn’t see that the healing was changed to temp health. I actually like it, after a couple of runs. I made it work pretty well with the level 25 temp health talents.
I can see why you like the previous version, but I agree with the sentiment that it’s more balanced now. I wasn’t a fan of the previous version since it was essentially free heal over time with no consequence.

1 Like

With “previous”, I actually meant the pre-beta version.
Can’t heal yourself and all that. Required some actual teamwork, not that it required that often. I know most people disliked it, but I still don’t know why.
The first beta iteration was just BiS, it was sure to be changed.