[PC] Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.2.2 - Geheimnisnacht is live!

Heroes,

Welcome to Patch 1.2.2 - update #41 - for Vermintide 2. Introducing Geheimnisnacht.

Geheimnisnacht is the most ill-omened night of the year, and it is marked as an important date in the Old World’s Calendar. The veil between the living and the dead is especially thin on this night, and the Winds of Magic grow stronger. Only the strong and brave dare venture out after the sun sets.

To celebrate, the sun has suitably set across Helmgart and all the maps will be illuminated by Mannslieb and Morrslieb alone, plunging once bright locales in to dimly lit landscapes of despair.

We’ll have a limited time event quest on offer which rewards a new portrait frame, as well as opening up the once off-limits trophy room in Taal’s Horn Keep for heroes to showcase their progression through Vermintide 2. The Keep has, of course, had another make over to mark the event. Lohner needs to be kept busy whilst you’re off checking out the new vistas!

Features

• ‘Night Mode’ enabled for all the Vermintide 2 maps.
  • Event Quest enabled rewarding an event exclusive portrait frame.
  • The Trophy Room is now available.
  • ‘Difficulty Banners’ added to the main keep area.
  • The Keep has been decorated to celebrate Geheimnisnacht.

Audio

• Fixed an issue with Kerillian’s Glaives, where they sometimes would play the wrong sounds, or none at all.
  • Fixed an issue where Kerillian’s voice overs would refer to Sienna, when reviving Bardin. And Saltzpyre’s voice overs would refer to Bardin, when healed by Kruber.
  • Fixed an issue with incorrectly configured voice overs, where lines aimed at Kerillian by Kruber would play, even when Kruber was not in the party. And they showed subtitles as they came from Bardin.
  • Changed Handmaiden Kerillian’s voice over laugh, because it sometimes sounded too much like Sienna’s laughter.
  • Fixed a bug relating to how often story based dialogue played. You’ll now more often, and more consistently hear dialogue between the heroes.
  • Fixed an issue where some dialogues that were only meant to play once per game session would be played twice.

Tobii Eyeytracker

For those of you playing using the Tobii Eyetracker, this version includes some bug fixes and quality of life updates.

• Fixed eyetracking features not working when playing the Prologue.
  • Fixed Clean UI not working with the console HUD.
  • Fixed issues where Clean UI did not always fade in or out the HUD elements the player was looking at.
  • Fixed an issue where the HUD could get stuck in a semi-visible state of Clean UI was disabled.
  • Fixed an isssue where the Beam Staff would show two beams when having Aim at Gaze and Extended View enabled.

Tweaks & Bugfixes

• Fixed a broken animation on Bardin’s one-handed charge attacks, which could sometimes get stuck.
  • Fixed several cases where charging Career Skills could cause players to not go into a ledge hanging state on low framerate, and instead die or go out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where Mercenary Kruber’s Talent “Inspirational” which increased the temporary health gained from 25 to 40, instead of the intended 45.
  • Fixed an issue with the Trait “Off Balance” where the tooltip was displaying the incorrect values. Updated tooltips new reflect the intended behaviour (20% damage taken for 5 seconds). Note that the functionality has not changed, only the tooltip.
  • Fixed an issue with the trait “Opportunist” where the power level increase was not applied as intended.
  • Fixed an issue with Zealot Saltzpyre’s Passive Ability and talents that give bonuses per 25 health missing where the amount of buffs, and the breakpoints where they activated, would be incorrectly calculated when having boosted max health. Carrying one or more Grimoires will now also be correctly handled. For example; having +20% health (max health 180hp) and no damage taken, and one Grimoire (reducing max health to 126hp) will give two stacks, as 54 health is missing from your total max health. Taking 21 damage (putting current health to 105 health) will activate a third stack, as 75 health is missing from your total max health. This will also allow a health boosted Zealot on very low health to have 6 stacks active instead of 5, as would be the maximum otherwise.
  • Fixed so that Sienna bot no longer does friendly fire with Conflagration Staff’s charged attack.
  • Changed the Overheat effect so it’s not so bright.
  • Fixed an issue where Beam Staffs could trigger on-hit procs on the first damage tick. The beam staff will now correctly begin to trigger procs on the second damage tick for an enemy to prevent being able to sweep through a horde to quickly trigger procs.
  • Fixed a crash when you shield slammed a barrel.
  • Fixed an issue where Bödvarr Ridspreader could get pushed of his platform, plummeting to his death if players used abilities or threw grenades during his monologue.
  • Fixed an issue where the animation to draw bows and aim with crossbows and rifles didn’t get scaled when having an attack speed buff, such as after having drunk a speed potion.
  • Fixed issues where the sound for charging attacks made by bots or other players would be played as if it was the local player charging the attack. Most notable when someone used a Beam Staff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if a player left the game while carrying an explosive barrel.
  • Fixed an issue where the game could crash if a player left the game at the same time as a held torch was removed.
  • Fixed an issue where animation speed could go out of bounds when stacking speed and charge bonuses as Battle Wizard, leading to a crash.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the Chaos Spawn throws a player.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen if a Ratling Gunner bullet hit deep water.
  • Fixed an issue where the bolts from the Repeating Crossbow would clip through the lid of the weapon if the shot was affected by Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre’s talent “Prize Bounty”.
  • Fixed an graphical issue where Crossbows could abort and restart the reload animation if under the effect of an attack speed buff.
  • Fixed so that players only respawn in front of boss doors if it is active or will be activated in the future.
  • Fixed crash that could happen if a player that is pounced by a Gutter Runner disconnects or leaves the game.
  • Fixed Kerillian’s bows not zooming when aiming.
  • Fixed an issue where Saltzpyre would fire the same pistol repeatedly when using the fast shot mode of the brace of pistols, and waited around 0.5 seconds between each shot.
6 Likes

Cool. Am I seeing correct when i notice that most of the current beta is not in the live version yet?

yes

Also this nightmode should be an option you could toogle. Would be so cool. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So do I have to opt out from the beta in order to play this one? Or does it work simultaneously?

No

The event is available on both Beta and the Live game.

2 Likes

Ok ok im excited but im at work right now!

Did you guys come to your senses and leave “night mode” as a permanent playable environment mod for every mission?

I know I am 2 steps ahead but I want to play night missions well beyond just a week long event!

1 Like

Ah this is really cool, thanks for the good work^^

But just outa curiosity, is there any ETA on when the big balance update will launch into the …main Servers?

Have you seen this thread @Fatshark_Hedge

Please don’t make this a 6 day event…

2 Likes

I think they were pretty clear on keeping this for events …
But how about new Deeds with reduced visibility that feature night mode? ^^

Why bro? This should be switched off to be honest, I hate that the bow automaticly zooms, I just want it as a toggle.

Please keep night mode as an option on all maps outside of this event. Creating time limited content is not a good use of game designers time.

1 Like

I like the trophy room and the new banners, but i would still beg for some kind of housing.

it would be pretty cool to design your own keep with all trophies / farmed stuff. Just pick up a “design - mode” for the keep and some green - places, where you can put on the stuff you want.

This is a lot of effort to essentially make entirely new flavored maps that will have a distinct unique feel available for only ONE week. I don’t understand that design choice at all if thats the case. The Devs have left it as a Halloween launch, yes, awesome timing, but leaving the night maps only available for 1 week is a horrible idea. Horrible. People have other things going in life other than games. Don’t make a huge mistake and leave the Night mode maps available for only a week! Thats a bad bad bad bad idea Fatshark. We have other things going on in life, I have maybe 2 maximum 3 days and a couple of hours to play V2 this week. So lets get this straight, I play those 2-3 days maybe enjoy the new flavor of night maps maybe once each and thats it?? You developers can’t be serious about that right??? I don’t care if the night mode toggles randomly if we select Quickplay, leave this tremendous work as a permanent feature! A limited time feature for something as important as this (which would inject some excitement and interest into the old maps) is a massive failure if its not permanent.

1 Like

So let me get the fact straight then, Kerillians swiftbow now does an auto-zoom when aiming? Is that the case?

Fatshark please just edit the map select screen to have variation choices and maybe even mutator choices in future going around the edge. You could click on a sun icon and it turns into a Morrslieb icon. Example below.

4 Likes

WS has the option to toggle zoom for all the bows. She always has been allowed to, it’s a passive skill of hers. You need to bind the key to a button though. It uses the same special key as Salties Raiper Pistol shot.

Aaah I see, the issue I think is I use an Xbox one controller with my PC, so I need to some creative binding if I want to use the feature. I am not using a mouse/keyboard gameplay setup. Its an Elite controller so I can hardware bind the special button to left trigger outside the game. Maybe I will try that and see how it goes with alt fire/zoom in bind to the same left trigger.

To everyone saying that limited time content is a bad idea:

No it’s not. Variety is the spice of life. While it’d be nice to have more choices, if Fatshark continues to work on the game they will have similar events in the future. Putting that all into the game permanently would just cause feature bloat.

With that out of the way, I believe that this change was mostly a lighting change, which isn’t that much effort, so there’s not much time ‘wasted’. Besides, they have already said that it might come back in the future.

1 Like