[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.0.8

Apparently, yes.

1 Like

i dont get it fatshark. why would you touch the executioner sword. it was decently balanced now you nerf it out of the blue… im closing in on 1000 hrs played and this game is going the wrong way idk… please stop pushing away the few ppl that are still playing this

3 Likes

Well from what I can understand/infer, the 0.3 ->0.5 is a multiplier, meaning something like we get 0.5 point of stagger power per hero power instead of 0.3, or that maybe the stagger power was x0.3 the damage power and buffed to x0.5 , I’m not sure how it is calculated and it seems to be a bit complicated in this game.

the scaling for damge and cleave from 3.0 to 3.5 is, if I understood correctly, that at 600HP you do 3.5 times more damage and cleave than at 0HP, instead of 3 times.

Yeah I don’t get it… probably requires more skill than any other weapon to effectively wield and at best, in a perfect match, it’d still underperform relative to other characters. No idea what they were thinking there. They seem to keep nerfing Kruber in silly ways.

4 Likes

Are you f-ing joking. You made the beta the live version without putting out a fixed version of the beta beforehand for testing…

7 Likes

Unfortunately, yes.

1 Like

i think the real problem here is the level most of the people that are passionate about this game enough to be here reading this and commenting. i watch the live streams from fatshark and it is PAINFULLY APPARENT this skill level the developers are at is veteran/barely champion level with the exception of 1 dev. really paints the picture on some of the problems we are seeing with these “balances”. this game is a whole different game on legend and i hate to say it but the people making these changes dont play legend. multiple times on stream i’ve asked about if they play legend or not, the answer is always no. this is a feels bad man

4 Likes

Link.

Still you don’t get my point, that you can’t be certain about anything about this game, if you see the word ratio and numbers, but no explanation. This IS mostly likely a buff, but is it really a 67% buff?

I guess I didn’t, but to be honest it wasn’t exactly limpid. I think I understand better know, even though I’m not able to give a better explanation. But that is your point, isn’t it ? What do we do with this 0.3 to 0.5 ?
I absolutely agree on that this “0.3 to 0.5 up” isn’t clear, and I too would like some more explanation

2 Likes

Quality of life and casualization are not the same thing. Sienna’s living bomb change is logical and intuitive. It should’ve been there from the start.

The Bile Troll buried his head like an ostrich when he went down and this makes it so there is a wider field in front of him to head shot him. In a game(1.0.8 released), it was higher than I was expecting it to be. It’s something that needs more experience before having a definitive “too easy, doesn’t matter, or quality of life” kind of answer.

The respawning in arenas I’m on and off with. If you’re someone fighting a boss that’s tedious to take down alone, then respawning allies is a blessing from Sigmar as it makes it go much faster. And if your team is going to fail, then you’ll probably fail regardless of respawning. Either way, we’ve had respawning in arenas this entire time so it’s just a bug fix versus anything actually being added.

Are objective markers really a problem for you? For new players, Festering Ground can be confusing at the end and it helps point less experienced players in the right direction. For experienced players, the change makes little difference.

The Convocation of Decay change arguably makes it harder as instead of taking a tiny bit of damage, you lose stamina and enemies can hit you sooner/easier which will cause significantly more damage in the long run. Either way, a player shouldn’t be standing in there to begin with.

Opinions about balancing/nerfing/buffing aside, the improvements/fixes in this patch are great.

7 Likes

What if you are holding a ranged weapon / potion / bomb while reviving? Do you still automatically block?

2 Likes

Yeah but they’re also kinda things that shouldn’t have needed fixing in the first place, that required a massive chunk of the community to beta test well after full-paid release, and there really isn’t a lot of meat or substance to this. The endgame fundamentals are still in dire need of attention.

3 Likes

Executioner’s heavy can’t 1hko a stormvermin anymore and i even run some power vs armour. This is a f*cking joke. It was already just an OK weapon and mostly only if you stacked all the attack speed and crit chance in the world on mercenary. I refused to play halberd only for the longest time but i guess i have no real choice. Oh wait they still need to nerf 1h mace and then I’m truly done with playing kruber.
Edit: Oh great, so i apparently still can forget about playing shade with dual daggers.

6 Likes

I’m fairly certain it is. When they buffed the handgun from 0.75 to 0.9 damage, it literally just increased it’s damage by 20%.

I am rather confused by the great axe buff, why buff it’s charged attack armor pen? At this point, i feel like they are kinda making it’s lights completely worthless. And yeah sure, they were it’s weakness because of the inability to block, but just spamming charged attacks all the time kinda makes the weapon boring. I thought the entire role of the lights was armor removal.

Executioner/Glaive nerf, while i’m not sure it was really needed, the downward sweep of the glaive was the exact same attack as the charged attack on the exec, so nerfing them both kinda makes sense? Will need to see ingame how badly this affects it though.

I was under the impression that was GAxe buff to all its attacks, is it not? I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying in regards to the charged aspect.

The great axe had an armor pen of 0.8 on it’s lights, 0.5 on it’s charged, so the AP buff is talking about the charged, i presume the stagger buff is then also talking about the charged.

1 Like

Charged on great axe deals more damage to armour than lights by now. And it’s not that much slower that lights. What’s the point of lights on that weapon anymore? Even bosses take way more damage from heavy ( And no for the love of sigmar i don’t mean nerf heavy, but buff lights ).

Oh and also the dual dagger and dagger&sword buff is kinda broken. After short testing in game it seems only sword&dagger got the buff to their heavies. Dual daggers still deal laughable damage on heavies vs armour even on headshot.

1 Like

Atm it’s lights are faster, but slightly less damaging versions of the 2h hammers (and a couple of other weapons sharing the same damage profile).
I feel like if they were to buff it’s lights, they need to bring up the 2h hammers as well. I do not think they need to do the same for the other weapns using the same damage profile though (i.e. 1st charged of glaive, charged 1h hammer, halberd overheads, etc.).

Was it possibly dual swords and sword&dagger? Might just be a patch note issue, the damage of all those affected should have been at least doubled regarding armor.

Nope, duals swords are just as bad as they used to be vs armour. Only sword and dagger got buffed.

At this point I think it would be better balance to just improve the light attack’s block cancels on teh GAxe. Make it a quick, skillful poke.

1 Like