God I love hidden nerfes. Ranged damage, white HP decay

Firstly, there was no “guys” prior to you appearance in the topic. This was a conversation between just me and FlashFuzz.

Secondly, not everyone plays beta, monitors the forum 24/7 and knows just every thing about the game. Most people just play the game.
So one day the patch comes out, you turn on the game and realise, that your weapons deal less damage than before. So you go to steam news section to read the patch notes and all you see is: “Scaling has been tweaked for damage and cleave (using a 3.5 ratio rather than 3.0)”. And you have no idea what that means, not even a single one. If the line said something like: “Damage and cleave has been reduced at high hero power”, than there wouldn’t be a single problem. But it didn’t. That’s why I came to the devs forum and made this topic. And that’s why it has 500 views and 15 likes.
So now I know that the ratio this line is talking about, is how much stronger your character gets at 600 power compared to 0 power. But how are you supposed to know that?! How a random player reading patchnotes is supposed to know that this is what this line is about?!!!
And even if you know all that stuff, there is still 2 mistakes in this line:

1. The scaling was 5.0 prior the patch, not 3.0. So if the devs wrote that right, everything would be more or less clear. You divide 3.5 by 5 and you get 0,7 - the exact damage drop down.
  2. This line was present in beta patch notes, while damage in beta was lower by 40%. So simple logic: if the scaling was the same at beta and realese, but the damage didn’t change, than this line has nothing to do with the damage. The text in beta patch notes should have said, that the ratio was set to 3.0 down from 5.0

Thirdly, have you tried using the link? If you try, you will find out that the link you’re talking about leads to a random post, which is not related to this topic AT ALL.

As a summary let me emphasize one thing. This post was seen by a lot of people, it got some likes and some people made posts here agreeing with what it said. This means that a lot of people thought, that the damage nerf was silent, just as I did. Because this is the most important change of the patch, you expect to see at least some info on that, not just one weird line, that is also faulty. And this whole situation is 100% due to devs oversight.